Prologue

When I think back on my life, I realize it wasn't all that much. I came from the bloody mist village. Those times were cruel. I suppose I could of grown up to be as cold as my elders, but for some reason I stayed happy, confident, proud. I wonder why... Nothing seemed to keep me down, I could never just give up once my mind was made. I wish I could of done something to change my village's fate, and to change my own. But in the end. I was just... forgotten...

Heh heh, Buuuuut, I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. Let me start from the beginning, back when I was a young girl.

***5 year old Takiko***

I watched through my window, seeing kids head to the Academy with their parents. I wanted to go to the Academy to and become a ninja as well, but mom and daddy wouldn't let me... They said they'd rather die than let me become a cold blooded killer like themselves. They didn't want me to loose my kindness they'd say...

But mom and daddy were always kind to me and they were both ninja. So what was the problem? I think I could handle it with some training... I slipped away from the window and got off my bed, heading into my uncle's room. It was his day off and he's normally spending it at the bar by this time. I looked through his things and grabbed his headband and a kunai from his tool bag before running back into my room.

I put the headband on over my forehead and pulled the bangs out from under it, letting it cover the sides of the headband. I smiled big and raised my kunai to my cat.

"Brace yourself!"

I laughed at Jackie meowed and ran out of the room like a scaredy cat. I then faced my window when I saw a few girls walk by. They all had such nice pretty hair in short hair styles. When I looked back at the mirror and saw my long brown locks, I started thinking. Maybe mom and daddy would let me become a ninja if I didn't look so girly? I glared at my reflection and grabbed hold of my hair, cutting it with the kunai.

I smiled at first, seeing my hair scatter the floor, but when I looked in the mirror and saw how horrible I looked, I began to cry. About ten minutes later my uncle found me and his eyes widened. He quickly took the kunai away from me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Takiko what have I told you about touching my tools?? Did you hurt yourself? Are you bleeding??"

"N-No..." I sniffled. "But I cut off all my hair cause I thought mom and daddy would let me join the Academy and now I look like this.."

My uncle sighed and took the headband off my forehead to get a better look. "I'm not entirely sober so I don't want to risk trying to cut it myself. Go outside while I clean up this hair and sober up, then I'll see if I can find someone to cut your hair properly, ok?"

"Ok..."

I got up and headed outside where life truly started to turn to hell.

**********************************************************************************

I wish I could write more but I got homework and school tomorrow! I'll try and update tomorrow if I can but no promises.