The night came and Coraline put Toby on the bed, he had a lamp where beautiful and fantastic images appeared on the walls, the ceiling and everywhere. It was magical. Toby loved it.

During the night he had more dreams, and everyone always started the same way. He was holding a pointed crystal. Now, in this new dream, he was not alone. There was a boy. The boy was pale, has extremely green eyes and appears to be about 14 years old.

"Do not be afraid," the boy said amiably.

"Who are you?" Toby asked timidly, clutching the crystal instinctively at his mother.

"I'm a friend," the boy pointed at Toby's hand, "save it well, it'll save them all."

Toby looked at his hand, at the great gleaming crystal. He had no idea what that might be or where he had come from.

"- I do not know what this is."

"Do not worry Toby, you'll find it." The boy looks sadly at Toby. "I'm sorry it has to be you."

Then the dream is over. It probably happened more, but Toby was too small to remember a whole night's dream. The next day he barely remembered that, but he remembered that he had to do something important. I needed to find something important.

It was in front of his house, Wybie will just give you a new cart and like any child, he was excited and playfully sitting on the green grass. He did not know where his sister would go, but he heard Coraline say something like "he's meeting the Amandas." Toby was also curious to see the neighborhood, especially if he had a kid of his own age to play with, not that he bothered playing alone, but only because it was normal. I really wanted to show your new car to someone.

A tall shadow blocked the sun at that moment, Toby looked up and saw a tall, thin, rat-faced boy. The ears were large, one eyebrow was raised, and the front teeth resembled those of rats.

- Hi. My name is Balt Bobinsky. - Toby found the sound of that boy's voice interesting. It was quite different.

- Hi.

"You're Coral's little brother. "Toby did not say anything, that boy was tall enough to be scary, and that rat face really did scare Toby. "Do not be scared boy, I'm a friend.

Suddenly Toby remembered the dream, but that was not the boy of his dream, they were not alike at all, but somehow they really seemed to be friends.

- My name is Toby.

- This is Toby. Balt ducked, still unable to keep up with Toby. As he spoke one of his eyebrows was raised, Toby found it odd and annoying, it looked like a tic. "You need to tell your mother that Coral is looking for too much and that she'll find it."

Finding what?

- Just say that, okay? The boy, Balt, looked around and stood up. "I know the others want her to find it, but I do not know what can happen if she fails, so it's best to leave it as it is. The boy now seemed to be talking to himself. "Damn it, I do not even know what's best.

- What are you talking about?

"I'm telling you: It's best to leave the doors of the Otherworld locked tight. - and then, that boy left and disappeared inside the house. Toby was very confused, but got up at the same moment to give the message to his mother. She was no longer in the garden, she would probably be in the house making lunch.

Before he could speak to his mother, something interrupted him. Coraline was actually in the kitchen preparing lunch, but she was not alone. The cat was there and they were talking.

"You have to get this over with, Coraline." The cat said almost pleadingly, but Coraline did not seem to care, she even looked irritated.

"But at what price, eh?" I will not let my children kill themselves. It's all right. I'm here to protect, remember? The Other Mother can not leave.