Before Breaking Dawn

Start from the beginning

Coral managed to get out of his house faster than he imagined. She ran into the dark forest, not afraid. She had a flashlight in her hand and a sharp knife in the other. She would get her answers one way or another. There was the old and large Tree, the gate was there and she entered determined.

The night in the Other World was more beautiful than one could imagine. There were more stars in the sky and they seemed to laugh at you. There were more flowers in the grass, and everything was so colorful. How could all this be evil? It did not seem as late as it really was. Coral decided to look around, not enter the Other House now, she wanted to catch The Other Mother by surprise.

"You know she can not be surprised, do not you?" Coral looked, and the only creature that was near her was a skinny Black Cat.

- Anyone can be surprised. - she said.

"The Other Mother is not quite a person." The Cat stepped forward a few steps ahead of Coral. "And anyway, she created this world. You sure know you're here."

"And what are you doing here?" Coral asked, remembering the story his mother will tell him. "I thought the Other Mother hated cats."

- She hates me. - The Cat jumped after something Coral did not see and disappeared.

"I do not like you either." Coral whispered to the Cat, knowing he was not there to hear. Or was it?

She continued her walk. If the Other Mother knew she was there, then she had no problem exploring, if she wanted her dead she would have caught her already.

The Other World seemed too big. Larger than her mother would describe, maybe the Other Mother had made some changes, or maybe her real mother had lied about the fun content she had there.

Right in front of him was a large pool with brown goo. Coral came over, stuck his finger, and then sniffed. She stared wide-eyed.

- This is chocolate!

A large pool of milk chocolate. And now Coral noticed that everything around him was edible. It had granulated as if it were earth, ice cream as if it were flowers, and several candies everywhere. How could that be bad?

Coral plunged into the chocolate without thinking. Made the biggest party. And he began to wonder how cool it would be if there were other children there.

"That's good, is not it?" The Other Mother was standing outside the pool. Coral was startled to see that woman identical to his mother. He would never get used to it.

"Why do not you have other children here?"

"Because your mother keeps them from coming in." She does not want you to have fun.

Coral stopped to think for a second.

"What happened to your son is really true, is not it?"

The Other Mother looked slightly irritated.

- He is dead. What's done is done. - She said flatly. "But you can have fun, and you can bring other kids if you want."

"Can I bring my brother?" Coral asked. And at that moment, she no longer remembered what she had gone to do there. I could not remember any more questions, I could not remember anything else. I just wanted to know how to have fun.

- You can bring anyone you want.- Coral noticed that the Other Mother's eyes flashed and it was strange. For a second the fear began to run through her body.

- Need to go.

"But you just arrived."

- I really need. Coral was now genuinely suspicious. When he left the pool, his clothes were a chocolate cake. "I need to bring other children." Coral said it to escape.

- Great! Then you can go. And come back soon.

Coral ran and thought never to return there. It felt strange to see the other mother's eyes shining. Probably her true mother was always right. Before she left, the cat appeared in front of her.

"You're not coming back, are you?"

- No way. - Coral said.

"But you do not have to, she already got what she wanted." Cat seemed to be smiling. And Coral felt even more afraid.

Coral ran as fast as he could. What did the cat mean by that? She did not want to know and would never come back. Now everyone could live in peace.

When she came out of the forest it was already dawning, and her parents were outside, as were the two Amandas, and Balt, and also one more boy. The boy of your dream. He looked more handsome in real life. But Coral did not think much of it, she knew she was screwed and the scolding would soon come. But when she approached, her mother seemed desperate.

She grabbed Coral's arms and shouted:

- Where's Toby?