Platonic?

A/N WOAH! I'M NOT DEAD GUYS, I SWEAR!

I woke up at three in the morning due to John's snoring. I groaned and covered my ears but it had almost no impact. I push my hands against his chest to get myself away from him but he has an iron grip on my waist. "John!" I yell in his ear and he jumped up. My stutter was getting a lot better lately. "What happened?" He asked oblivious and tiredly. "You woke me from your snoring." I could faintly see his his brow furrow in the dark. "I don't snore, do I?" I smirked then said "Like a chainsaw."

He looked down sheepishly and muttered and apology. I chuckled then cuddled next to John again and tried to sleep. After a few minutes I gave up so I got up and got ready. Thinking about James, I dismissed John's protests with a wave of my hand so I could try and fix everything, then headed downstairs. After slipping on some shoes and a coat I went for a walk.

I texted James to meet me at the coffee shop. After he replied and 'Okay, see ya there in 5.' I picked up my pace and got there a few minutes before him. I fiddled my thumbs and ordered two coffees nervously. When someone tapped my shoulder lightly I jumped slightly but sighed in relief at the sight of James.

"Hey Alex. How are you?" I shrugged and walked over to a booth after grabbing our coffees. "Here." I handed him his coffee and says down. "Are you okay?" I looked at him, a little confused "Yeah, why do you ask?" He laughed "You're wearing two different shoes." I looked down and blushed madly. He laughed then sat across from me. "So what's up?"

"W-what do you consider us?" I asked worriedly. James thought for a second before saying "What would you like?" I bit my lip "Platonic?" He nodded "Alright, you gonna tell your boyfriend so he doesn't completely flip out?" I took a sip of coffee "I'm n-not sure-hold up! How did you get out of the house?" James smiled "Thomas got drunk and is passed out on the bed. It was pretty funny." I started laughing and almost spilled my coffee.

After a few minutes of tired chatter, James kissed my nose softly which made me blush.

"You're so cute when you blush." James noted which deepened my blush considerably. He just laughed and drank some coffee. "So how have you been holding up?" I asked, a little worried. "Fine." He shifted slightly and avoided my eyes when he spoke. "J-James, how bad is it?" The only thing he did was cover his neck with his hand not so subtlety. I quickly pulled his hand away then rolled down his collar and flinched at the sight. The skin was still raw and red.

"A b-belt?" I asked weakly and he nodded, still not looking at me. "C-can we g-go outside so I can clean it out? It's s-still early." He bit his lip but stood up and extended his hand for me which I took.

When we got outside I had him lean against a tree and helped him take off his shirt. "It really isn't that bad..." He tried to squirm away but I pulled him back. "James, you r-really need to tell someone." I said quietly as I examined the wounds. He shook his head "It'd only get you hurt." I leaned down and kissed his forehead "You need t-to think about your life too." He closed his eyes and sighed "I'll tell someone someday."

I started cleaning the gashes on his back, knowing that I wouldn't get anywhere in this conversation. He would wince every once in a while and I'd whisper an apology. I finished up and pulled his shirt back on. "Thanks, 'Lex." He said with a soft smile and quickly kissed my lips then interlaced our hands.

"Want me to walk you home?" He asked while rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. I leaned into his side and nodded.