Will it change my option about him? Maybe.

"We ran for hours. Until our paws became bloody. We didn't speak up. His mate ran away, we knew he needed time. All of a sudden he drops to the ground and shifts, curling up in the fetal position. At first we believed him to be injured. Before we could reach him to inspect his body, a loud sob breaks the silent cold air. Shocked we stood in place, not knowing what to do."

He cried in front of his friend? I thought he only wanted me to be his puppet. If he cried why in the world did he speak those utterly disgusting words to Jason? Could he have been trying to boost his status?

"In the end we sat down and created a perimeter around Caden. No one said a word as we watched him cave into himself. Loud sobs pierced our sensitive ears for nearly two hours. Once the sobs stopped we wondered what he was going to do next. Waiting patiently we came to realize he had actually cried himself to sleep."

Lifting my head up I stare at Jason. Almighty Prince Caden cried himself to sleep? After treating to whip and lock me up for speaking my own mind?

"One of the guards carried him back to the castle. He stayed in his room for nearly two weeks. By then his mother had had enough and barged her way into his room. After opening up his curtains she threw ice cold water onto his disheveled looking body. Demanding he grow up and take responsibility for his actions."

"Sleeping around isn't taking responsibility." I sneer. How can any male believe sleeping around is a smart idea? How would they like it if we women slept around before and after we met our mates? I'm pretty darn sure they would flip a gasket.

"He didn't actually sleep around until his eighteenth birthday Claudia," he exclaims with anger. How can I believe his words? The Prince is his best friend, of course he will protect his reputation.

"Lies. I heard the rumors. The women gloating about how amazing he was in bed. How he would pleasure them until the wee hours in the morning. Don't tell me he didn't sleep with women," I argue back. He couldn't be telling the truth. He just couldn't be.

"I'm not lying Claudia. Caden screwed up big time in sleeping with random women after his eighteenth birthday. I promise on my life he never once slept with one of those attention seeking whores before that day. Yes, they gloated about it. But they weren't sleeping with him."

"But his guest rooms were always destroyed the next day. The servants wouldn't have lied about that." I demand. Servants love to spread gossip. If the Prince of wolves was sleeping around, word would get out within the hour.

Ignoring my words he continues on. "Caden would acquire female clothes and scatter them around the room. Destroy the bed sheets and spray female perfume. To the servants it looked as if he had spent a night filled with hot passion."

"Why would he do that? Why trick me into believing he was a man whore?" I grill with anger. How stupid could he have been? Sleeping around wouldn't get me to come to him.

"He believed you would become jealous and seek him out. Demand he stop his ridicules ways. Of course I knew better. Having a younger sister myself I realized Caden would only hurt you by his actions. Forcing you to keep your identity a secret until he proved himself worthy." Shaking his head, he runs his fingers through his already tussled hair.

"Nik used to give me updates on the Princes daily whereabouts. He never once told me Caden had tricked the palace into believe he was sleeping around." He would have told me. If I would have known, maybe things would have ended differently.

"Caden kept that secret from him. I believe Caden held a small piece of doubt about Nik and you. Some days Nik would beg Caden to reconsider sleeping around. He never once betrayed you, but the way he spoke, it was off. As if he knew you would personally hate what Caden had been up to." Sighing I hear him stand up and begin to pace. "Now we know he actually did know you."