Chapter 16: Save me

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Life isn't easy. You were taught that when you were little. Not everything goes your way. Your life can go normal, then turn at you. It's like a slap in the face. I know everything about it, because that's how my life is. It isn't pleasant. Not for anyone.

My life took a great turn when my mother died. At that time she was all I had; and Hazel, of course. Hazel. I'm not even sure if she's my friend anymore. In anyway, I have Tomoe, Nanami, Onikiri, Kotetsu, Kurama...

Now that I think about it, I've made many friends throughout the time I've been here. Though, I still miss Onikiri and Kotetsu.

Damn it! Why can I not find them?
I stare at the brick wall in front of me, then the thick wooden bars keeping me from going anywhere. Yup. While I was unconscious they locked me up. They even chained my arm to the wall! That's gotta be some kind of compliment. Sighing, I hear someone coming. I direct my attention towards the door on the far left. For me to be able to catch a glimpse of the door, I have to basically become a part of the wall that my arm's chained to.
The footsteps come closer...closer...
.
.
.
Tomoe. It's him.
"Tomoe!" I say, feeling so happy to see him. He looks well, like nothing even happened back at the shrine, but that doesn't stop me from asking him,
"Are you okay? How did you get here?"

Smiling, he kneels down so he can look me in the eyes properly. "I'm fine. You?"
Nodding towards my chained arm I smile. "Meh, coulda been better."

We glare at each other for a moment, until his expression turns surprisingly serious. He reaches through the bars and gently go over my forehead. Something hurts. Something hurts very badly. I flinch, moving away from his stretched out arm. "Who did this to you?" he asks, voice so serious it's scary.
"Remember the lady who kidnapped me?"
He nods slowly, not taking he eyes off of me for one second. "She uh...sorta did this to me..." I laugh awkwardly, only stopping when I realize that Tomoe doesn't have any intention to join in. "That woman..." he growls, clenching his fists. "H-hey now! It's okay!" I say, reaching my arm— the one that's not chained— through the bars, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"Tomoe, it's okay..." I whisper. "No it's not!" His sudden outburst makes me jump slightly, bringing my hand back through the bars. "I'm your Familiar, I need to protect you!"

Shaking my head I reply, "There was nothing you could do. I mean, it was like there was a hurricane in the shrine!"

My attempt to lighten his mood is a complete failure, since he sulks while starring blankly at the ground.

"Look, you can make it up to me by getting me out of here.".

Tomoe nods. He throws a handful of fire at the thick wooden bars, burning it into ashes. Stepping over the remains, he takes hold of the chain and rips it right off the wall. He helps me stand before leading me to the door.

It's night. The stars are shining brightly, as well as the moon. There are a few clouds floating around here and there, but they don't occupy the light. Stopping in my tracks, I point to the door of the library. "That's where Alicja and I fought," I say.

Tomoe glances at me. "Who won?"
Shaking my head and feeling like the biggest loser there is, I reply, "She did."
Tomoe snickers, takes hold of my wrist, and drags me away. When he finally (or sadly, rather) lets go of me, we've reached a large traditional carriage.

"What the actual f-" I start, but Tomoe stops me from saying anything else by throwing me into the carriage. There's plenty of room. A little table is found in the middle with a couple of cushions around it. Kurama and Nanami are sitting there. "(Y/n)! Are you okay!" Nanami yells. It doesn't even sound like a question. She locks her arms around my neck while constantly crying out loud. "Are you okay? What happened to your head? Does it hurt? How-"
"Nanami,"
"Huh?"
"Do yourself a favor— shut up," I say, forcing her to get off me.
Even though I've been kidnapped, beaten and put behind bars, I still didn't miss her.
Nanami has an offended look on her face as she goes back to sit down. Tomoe climbs into the carriage and close the doors behind him. Kurama glances at Tomoe, then me. He gets up.
"(Y/n), are you alright?" he asks. Not saying a word, I nod. Sitting down, I think of what has happened before Tomoe came to my rescue. And that's when something hit me.

"How long have I been here?" I blurt out.
Nanami glances between all of us, clearly not knowing the answer. Tomoe stares off into the distance while Kurama avoids eye contact. "Tell me, Tomoe. How long?" I ask once more, my voice stern. Tomoe finally looks me in the eyes.
"Two months."