Chapter 6: School

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

My eyes flutter open. So it was all just a dream? I hope so...
I prop myself up on my elbows.

My room looks very decorated.
Are the shrine spirits capable of this? If so, I better say thank you.
I crawl out of my futon, and begin to walk towards the door before I stop.
I smell food.

Has Nanami learned how to cook?
I step out of the room and walk into the kitchen with a broad smile on my face, until I see....oh no....
Tomoe.

He stands by the stove and fries some shiitake mushrooms, that Nanami absolutely refuse to eat. I stand still, staring at his figure.
It wasn't a dream?!!
And I....and I kissed him?! Really?!

I squeak.
Tomoe turns his head and our eyes meet.
He wears an innocent smile, which sends chills down my spine. "Oh, (Y/n), you're awake,"
he says. "Good morning (Y/n)!" Nanami greets with her mouth full.
"Chew and swallow, please," Tomoe says as he sets down a bowl of (favorite food) on the table for me.

I stare at the meal. I can't move a muscle.
The whole situation's slowly being processed in my brain.

If I'm a God, and I kissed a yōkai....
that means that....
he's my Familiar?!

Nanami and Tomoe both glare at me.
"Is something wrong (Y/n)?" Nanami asks.
I slowly shake my head, not blinking at all.
I silently walk back to my room, shut the door, find a piece of cloth, stuff it in my mouth, and begin to scream.

I don't know how long I have been screaming, but I almost don't have a voice when I'm done. I crawl back into my futon and shut my eyes. Soon somebody protrudes my room.
I can feel their presence right next to me.
Pulling the covers close to my face, I irritatedly mumble, "Go away."

"But you haven't even eaten your breakfast yet," an all too familiar voice replies.

Before I can even react, a shiitake mushroom's shoved into my mouth.
I sit up immediately, glaring at Tomoe with wide eyes. Did he just do that?
Why you little....!

I really want to spit out the mushroom in his face, but since it doesn't seem that bad I slowly begin to chew.

"Okay, that's enough," I say when I'm done eating the mushroom.

I slowly go back to laying down, before Tomoe puts me in a headlock, while forcefully feeding me the rest of my breakfast.

After he had fed me the last bite of
(favorite food), he finally lets go of me, and I push him away from me as hard as I can.

"Was that really necessary?!" I yell in his face.

"I can't have my Lady and Mistress go through the day without proper nutrition," Tomoe says plainly.

I roll  my eyes and tell him to leave so I can change.

I pull on a white T-shirt, black skinny jeans, and a brown leather jacket along with brown boots. As I change, I notice the yet healing wound on my forearm.

I furrow my eyebrows while looking at the freshly wrapped bandages. I wonder if this is Tomoe's doing..

I walk out of my room. I'm looking for Nanami, so I can ask her about what happened after I had passed out the other day.

I silently walk around the shrine until I find Nanami laying on the floor, and Tomoe sitting on her back. She's reaching her hand out for the exit.

"Why can't I just go to school?!" Nanami asks with a pity voice.
"Because of your mark. Going out is basically begging to be eaten by monsters," Tomoe explains. I raise an eyebrow.
Well, now I know...