Chapter 10: Kurama...is a tengu?!

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Nanami and I stand by the door, ready to go to school.

Tomoe and I have agreed upon that Nanami and I go without him. Tomoe seems happy with that agreement, which makes me relieved. I have no idea why...

Although, Nanami, she didn't mind, until Tomoe held up that pink hat with cat ears and a flower, alongside her lunchbox.

"THERE'S NO WAY I'M WEARING THAT AGAIN!! I WAS BULLIED THE LAST TIME REMEMBER!!??!" she yells.

"WELL TOO BAD! YOU ARE EITHER WEARING THIS OR STAYING HOME!"

They're all up in each other's faces, yelling at each other. Nanami then plasters a huge smile on her face, while Tomoe's explaining something to her.

"I'm not wearing that hat, but I'll gladly take the lunchbox!" she says while Tomoe is in the middle of his sentence. She then snatches the lunchbox from our Familiar, says: "Bye! See ya later!" before taking off.

Tomoe stares blankly into the air before falling forward, landing flatly onto the wooden floor.

"Ahaha...it's okay, Tomoe. I'll take care of her, but if it makes you happy, I'll just bring that scarf with me.."

I bow down and pat him on the back, which makes my heart skip a beat. Just a few days ago, my heart began to thump hard in my chest by any sort of physical contact with Tomoe. The shrine spirits then hand me my (f/c) scarf and lunchbox. I shove the scarf into my bag and wave. They wish me good day as I run after Nanami.

I catch up with her in town and so we walk together, until three girls from our school come towards us.

"Hey, that cool guy you brought with you yesterday, is he coming again today?!"
a girl with short brown hair asks.

"Ah...no, sorry..." Nanami says quietly.

.

.

.

"Well that's no fun!" the girl says as she and the two others turn and walk away.

"What the...?!" Nanami hisses, before we continue to walk...well, until a special someone who is a celebrity, who I absolutely dislike, pops up in his car with fangirls surrounding it.

"Hey girls! Oh, hi there (Y/n)! You two wanna have a ride?" he asks, standing outside of the car, opening the door as if expecting a yes. Nanami's about to walk up to him, but I place a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

I want to handle this.

"I'll take care of it," I say sternly. Nanami nods and lets me pass. I stomp my way towards Kurama, who has a smirk on his face that grows bigger for every step I take.

When I reach him, I get all up in his face and growl:

"Leave me and Nanami alone...."

Kurama doesn't stop smirking, which makes me seethe with rage.
My fist grabs the collar of his white dress shirt, lifting him slightly into the air. His toes are still touching the ground.

"I hate you! Stay away!" I hiss, before pushing Kurama away. Then I turn on my heel, grab Nanami by the wrist and storm off.

The stupid fangirls can still be heard, even from miles away! Why the hell do they even like that guy!?

Nanami and I finally reach school, and everything goes like it usually does. (Well, like it did my first day here.)

Isobe, the blonde guy who always teases Nanami, starts his rampage again. I then scold and yell at him for being an annoying piece of crap. Then as usual, in the middle of my sentence Kurama walks in, fangirls, blah, blah, blah, then class starts.

You Illuminate My Pathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें