chapter twelve

Elena's P.O.V.

        I told him to earn my trust back.

How is he supposed to earn it back if I don't even know how he's supposed to do so?

Ugh.

Everything is just a complete mess right now.

This is all my old Alpha's fault.

This is Alpha Luke's fault.

Why does he have to ruin everything good in my life? What did I ever do to him in the first place?

Is he angry that I was a part of his pack or something?

No, that can't be it because he wanted to mate me... yuck. I still feel so gross just thinking about that.

"Torch, you have something from Victor," Jack said, knocking on the door.

I groaned, rolling out of bed and walking to the door, opening it for him.

"Here you are," Jack sighed, handing me a large, tan box.

I took it from him, expecting the box to be heavy due to its large size, but it was pretty light.

I wonder if it has packing peanuts... those are fun to play with. So is bubble wrap...

No. Elena, focus on the task at hand.

"Thanks, I guess," I mumbled.

What do I do with this now?

"Yep," He chirped. "I'll be back in a few hours to make sure you're ready for the concert."

"Alright," I nodded. "I'll, umm, I'll make sure I'm ready by then."

After that, Jack left.

I sighed, setting the box on my bed before closing the door. I went back to the box and eyed it warily for a few moments, debating whether or not I should open it.

I opened the box slowly after I made up my mind (more like 'my curiosity got the best of me' if we're being honest here.). There was a note on top of another, smaller box that's being enclosed with packing peanuts and bubble wrap.

        I don't exactly know how to earn your trust back, so I'm just going to give it my best and do different, random things in hopes of getting you back. I also put the one who kissed me in the pack-cell, if you want to torcher her or something.

                                                                                                             -Victor

... He doesn't know what to do either...

I set the creamy paper down and opened the second box that was inside the first box. It held a pair of black headphones with an intricate red design and a microphone connected to it.

"Is he trying to bribe me or something?" I asked myself quietly.

        "Are you ready?" I shouted as I popped up on the stage. "Let's go!"

I took a deep breath in and started singing; I always start with the same song, no matter what.

I guess in a way it's to remind me about how I started. So I will never forget where I came from.

"Just put the headphones on, and then maybe you will hear this song that my heart sings for you," I sang. "Oh, honey, if you only knew how much my heart beats for you. Oh, honey, if you'd just plug your headphones in, you would hear this song, the song that my heart sings for you."

The room started to spin around me.

I took in more air and closed my eyes before continuing. I've done this song so many times, I'll survive doing it with my eyes shut just once.

Why am I even getting dizzy? I've never gotten lightheaded so quickly in a performance before; I'm not even done with the first song!

What's wrong with me this time?

I hope I'm not getting sick.

I hope the Heat isn't coming back so soon. That would be terrible timing.

        I groaned as I groggily opened my eyes, expecting to be hit with a bright, blinding light, but I wasn't.

I was smacked with empty nothingness. It's so dark that I can't see a single thing.

Where am I?

Why can't I move?

What's going on?

I let out a low string of curse words when I finally realized I was completely tied up with chains. The only thing that wasn't tied up was my head and my neck. So that's why I am unable to move. It must also be the reason as to why I can't see. My connection with my wolf is being blocked by the chains which can only mean one thing: silver. The chains must be silver.

What happened?!

When did I pass out?

Why did I pass out?

Who kidnapped me?

Was it my old Alpha? I hope it wasn't him. I really hope it wasn't him.

I'm pretty sure I could handle anyone else kidnapping me but him. I would even prefer a werewolf hunter kidnapping me versus my old Alpha.

I need to stop thinking like this and stop freaking out. That's only going to make it worse; it's going to make me hyperventilate and pass out again.

I need to start breathing calmly and figure out a plan of escape that won't get me killed.