Chapter 4

(2nd pov)

"Child! Wake up!" Toriel's voice cracked through the already shaky sleep you had grown into

"Toriel?" You yawned sitting up you cast a glance to the clock, "Oh! I'm late for training!" You said slightly scared

"No my child, I let you sleep, you need it." She placed a hand on your shoulder and you hissed in pain

Yesterday had been another magic training day in which you sprained your shoulder slightly. It wasn't too bad, but the thing that was concerning you the most was that she let you slack off in the slightest. You gazed up at the goat woman her face stern.

"Come with me." She said standing.

You quickly hopped out of your bed still in your tank top and shorts you slept in. You followed behind her as she lead you through the living room and to the kitchen. She sat you down at the small table there. She has not spoken a word so you remained silent as you folded your hands neatly on the table in front of you. Toriel was working over the stove as the sweet smell of maple reaches your nose. You remained quiet as she padded to the fridge and dug out eggs. You heard the quiet sizzle of whatever she was cooking on the stove top. You started to gaze off into space when a plate of food was placed in front of you.

You jumped slightly staring at the delicious food before you. Scrambled eggs, two fluffy pancakes, and some bacon. A large glass of milk was set down by the plate you looked up at Toriel with your brows furrowed.

"Who are you and where is Toriel?" You asked causing Toriel to chuckle almost sadly

"Eat my child, you will need your strength." She walked towards the doorway, "I am going to prepare a few things." With that she disappeared in the doorway

You puffed a breath and drove your fork into the eggs and brought them up to your mouth. You smiled softly at the taste and continued to eat. Rotating almost roboticly from pancake to bacon to milk to egg until you cleared you plate. You picked up your dirty dishes and set them lightly in the sink. You walked to the living room your bare feet making a quiet 'thuck!' sound on the smooth wooden floors.

"Toriel?" You muttered walking towards your room.

"Right here my child." The goat woman said placing Flowey on the desk, "Sit, today I will help you with your wrappings."

You furrowed your brows but complied and sat down on your bed. Toriel grabbed fresh wrapping bandages from your desk drawer. She started with your right foot and tightly wrapped the bandage around the ball and arch of your foot and then around your ankle and part of your calf tightening it twice before she secured it in place. She proceeded to do the same to your left foot. She gently placed your right hand in her much larger one the palm facing up. She gazed down at each of the sores and whelps than have formed on your soft flesh from training. She started above your wrist and wrapped your hand and up a your fingers in much smaller sections. The took your left hand hers and let her fingers gently graze across the scarring slash on your palm. She wrapped this hand the same way and met your gaze briefly. There was something sad stirring deep with in her crimson depths. She was quick to break the stares and stood.

"Please take your flower, my child, and go read in the living room." Toriel said softly

"Can I get dressed first?" You asked carefully

"You can do that later. Go now." She shooed you out the room with Flowey.

You looked down at Flowey and if flowers could shrug he did. You padded to the living room and sat down in toriel's chair after grabbing a book. You placed Flowey's boot in your lap and began to read. Flowey dozed off his soft snores comforting. You continued to read shifting your leg over the arm of the chair to place yourself in more comfortable position. Some might question how this awkward position his comfortable to you, but you liked it.

You heard shuffling from the other room but ignored it. You straightened yourself as Toriel brushed pass you into the kitchen and returned carrying what seemed to be at least four tubber ware containers full of something. She passed you again without giving you a second look. You hesitantly drug your eyes back down to your book and continued to read. A few more minutes passed when Toriel returned to the living room with a backpack. She plopped it by the chair where you sat and gave you almost a sad look.

"I have an outfit laid on your bed, please put it on." She said quietly, gently taking Flowey into her arms

You closed the book and walked to your room. You opened the door and walked towards the neatly folded pile of clothes. You slipped off your shorts and pulled on the jeans with slightly fuzzy insides. Insulated. You tugged your shirt off and placed it with your shorts. You pulled on the long black sleeved shirt. It clung tightly to your skin, while the collar managed to cover your clevage and collar bones ending at the back of your neck. You ran over fingertips over the material. It was flexible and easy to fight in. This was probably the nicest outfit you owned living with Toriel. You looked at the jacket also on the bed. You held it in your hands. It wasn't that heavy, yet seemed very warm. The inner fur as well as the fur around the hood was a soft creamy brown, the outer side was a black. You slipped it on, but left it unzipped being that Toriel home was always very warm and you were starting to over heat. You walked back into the living room with your dirty clothes.

You placed them in the dirt clothes basket when Toriel handed the backpack from before. Her crimson gaze was distant, but her face was soledom. You slipped the bag over your shoulders and saw that it was partially unzipped pocket in the front. You were about to ask why when Flowey's head popped out. You gave him a brief small smile then looked up at Toriel.

"What's this for?" You asked

Her gaze darkened, "Follow me."

She started off to the stair to the mysterious bacement. You quickly followed behind her remaining silent, you heard Flowey slither back into his pocket on your bag. You walked down a long series of corridors and ended at a large room seeming to only serve the purpose of having a grand door in it. You paused at the entrance of the room to marvel at the deep carvings enscribed in the walls. Toriel stopped walking when she reached the door he back still to you.

"My child..." her voice was there, but wasn't almost as through she herself wasn't speaking, "The time has come... I have deemed your training complete, not that you don't have much yet to learn..." what!? You just started to train your magic!! How can it be over!? She continued on her whispy voice almost cracking, "It pains me to say it, my child... but I have grown very fond of you, and I'm sure you have developed an attachment to me as well, and here... I'm the Underground.... That is not a thing you can feel, you can't trust many, or easily make bonds..." she brought a hand to her face, was she crying? ".... It makes losing them that much more bearable... so my child... prove to me..." she turned to you her palm extended, "Prove to me that you deserve the right to live!!!"