Steve & High School Musical

It was another day in the Rogers-Romanoff household. Everything was calm and wholesome. Steve was in the shower and Natasha was in the living room on the couch reading.

Natasha brought her book to a close, as she had finished the novel. She set the book on table next to the couch. When she put the book down, a cloud of dust had puffed up into the air. I haven't cleaned in that long. Tasha thought. She then got up and made her way to the bathroom, where Steve was taking a shower. Natasha opened the bathroom door loudly, making Steve jump in the process. "JESUS CHRIST!!!" Steve yelled as he broke into a defensive position, assuming someone was trying to attack him. Natasha was bent over in laughter. "Natasha. Don't do that. You scared me." He calmed himself. It took Natasha a few minutes to steady herself. When she finally did, she stood up right leaning on the door. "If only I could've caught that on tape. Whoo! Honey I'm about to start cleaning, do you mind if I play some music?" Natasha asked with a slight grin on her face from what happened moments before. "Not at all. Go ahead." Steve answered while closing the shower curtain and turning back to his previous activity. "Thanks." Natasha then closed the door and walked to the hallway closet and took out all their cleaning supplies: the mop, mop bucket, broom, duster, vacuum, air fresher, disinfectant spray, and all.

When she had moved all unnecessary objects that didn't need to be cleaned she brought all the appliances into the living room. The red head turned to the stereo, phone in hand. She walked over the stereo, plugged her phone into it, opened up the Spotify app and went to her favorite playlist. She hit shuffle on the playlist and the cleaning had begun.

Steve finished showering the moment Natasha plugged her phone into the stereo. As the super soldier was drying off he heard an unknown tune. That's not the songs Nat usually plays. Steve thought. When he had dried off completely, lotioned, deodorized, and gotten dressed he made his way out the bathroom and to the living room.

When the blonde haired man entered the living room he was taken aback by what was in front of him. Natasha was dancing around the living room, mop in hand. She was singing from the top of her lungs, which made it even more funny. Steve was trying his best to hold in his laugh. All that was heard was Natasha repeating the words, 'We're all in this together!/And it shows/ What we are, We're all stars/ And you see that!' Steve decided to do the same thing Natasha did to him earlier. He waited until Natasha had made her way behind the couch with the mop and then... he burst into laughter slapping his knee. Natasha being caught off guard, slipped and fell onto the floor in shock. "Ha-ha-ha-ha!" Steve laughed. Natasha turned red as her hair from the embarrassment. Steve laughed for  about 15 more minutes as Tasha stood in front of him with a look of anger. Her look of anger turned into a happy expression as she, also, began to laugh with her beau. After the red head and blonde man calmed down from their laughter, their was a brief moment of silence. "Hey babe, what ya listening to?" Steve asked. "Oh, just High School Musical." Natasha answered. "What's 'High School Musical'?" Steve asked curiously. Natasha gasped in shock. "What?" "You've never heard of High School Musical?!" "No. Remember I'm from the '40's." The living legend said siting down on the sofa. "No, no, no, no, no. You are helping me clean and you are gong to learn all about High School Musical." Tasha said as she pulled her husband off the couch. "Okay." Steve complied, grabbing a broom nearby. The assassin and America's symbol began cleaning.

It had been about 2 hours since Natasha and Steve began cleaning and they finally finished. "OK. Now we can relax." Tasha said as she passed Steve the cleaning supplies to put in the closet. The music was still playing, but it was softly playing. "I think I need another shower." Steve said with a small grin creeping up on his face. "Maybe I can join you." The red head said with a mischievous smirk on her face. Steve chuckled. "Maybe so." Steve was leaning in to put a soft kiss on his girl's lips. He was interrupted as Natasha snapped her head in the direction of the living room. "OH MY GOD! STEVE WE HAVE TO DANCE TO THIS ONE!" Natasha said excitedly jumping up and down pulling on Steve's arm, like a child. "What song is this?" "'Can I Have This Dance?'" "You sure can." Natasha laughed. "No, silly. That was the name of the song." "Oh. Well, would you like to have this dance, my lady?" "I'd love to." The two walked into the living room and stood in the center of it (all the furniture was pushed out of the way from when they were cleaning).

It's like catching lightening, the chances of finding
Someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling
The way we do
And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance?
(Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

The Captain and the Widow pulled each other close as if to give a warm hug and began swaying to the music, letting it sink in. As they did so, they looked into each other's eyes. Natasha getting lost in Steve's blue ones and Steve getting lost in her green emerald ones. Natasha then rested her head on Steve's chest and Steve resting his chin on the top of her red fiery hair.

There were no words spoken between the two. No noises being made, except for Natasha's soft humming that Steve could feel vibrating through his chest. It was a comforting and soothing feeling for him.

Oh, no mountain's too high and no
ocean's too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't
stop
Let it rain, let it pour, what we have is
worth fighting for
You know I believe that we were meant to
be! Oh!

It's like catching lightening, the chances
of finding
Someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling
The way we do

And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance?
(Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

The song ended. The music stopped. But Steve and Natasha stood in the middle of the living room swaying in each other's arms.