Notes to the Reader

I was hit hard by inspiration after the "Strigoi" episode.

Paul Ritter was an amazing Bram Stoker, really loved his heartfelt portrayal. They were very accurate in a lot of things during the episode, even the details. 

For this fiction, I took as a fact that :

Arthur Conan Doyle and Bram Stoker had a very close friendship and frequent meetings as suggested in the beginning of the episode. As such, I have lot of doubts that after knowing the truth he would just left and don't worry about his friend anymore.

We glimpsed a softer side of the eccentric man both during his jail scene and the final one's. More human, less cold and detached. I will eventually explore that in this work.

I also researched the disease, Syphilis. What I found left me feeling more aware for the risks, no doubt about it. At the time of the action, it was probably a very scary, much feared illness for any man or woman. And it surely left you out of society.

I've watched the episode several times to correct any possible error related to environment or the house plant/ disposition of furniture. I wanted to write as accurately as possible this time as an exercise to my own writing. My own original book remains stuck in my desk waiting for me to find the right way to go on with it. Maybe this exercise will indeed help.

Nothing here is mine except Marianne, the words and overall idea. The characters belong to the amazing team of writers and the oh so amazing actors that gave life to this episode. I've managed to share some words with "Houdini" and he is so accessible as a person I was stunned.

I would also like to say to Dacre Stoker, if he ever reads this: Dear Friend, sorry if this isn't the perfect portrayal of your ancestor

I would also like to say to Dacre Stoker, if he ever reads this: Dear Friend, sorry if this isn't the perfect portrayal of your ancestor. I based it on the tv show character and some research. It may not be accurate. But my respect for you is unwavering.