Flying Lessons

HARRY'S POV
I walked downstairs with Ron from the room we shared with Dean, Neville, and Seamus. I immediately noticed there was a sign on our notice board so I stopped Ron and pulled him over to the board to read it.

First years are permitted to take flying lessons. Below you will find the scheduled days and times for your house.

Gryffindor and Slytherin: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw: Wednesdays and Fridays at 6pm

All First years interested, sign-up with your House Head at breakfast. Lessons will begin this week.

Madam Hooch~Quidditch Official

"Excellent! We get to start flying lessons," Seamus says.

"Should be interesting, what do you think Harry?" Dean asks.

"Maybe. I haven't been on a broom since I was around three though, and that was just a toy one, so couldn't tell you," I reply.

We all walk down to breakfast in silence after that. I can sense that Ron wants to ask me about the broom thing, but I'm just not ready to talk about it. I remember it only because Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus talk about it all the time, but I guess mom had a hard time watching me on the broom cause it reminded her of dad so much. I know I loved flying though, so I will definitely be doing the class. We all sign up quickly when Professor McGonagall comes around the table to the first years.

TUESDAY-FIRST FLYING LESSON

"Alright, everyone step to the side of your brooms, put your hand out and say UP," Madam Hooch tells us.

There's a collective "UP!" from the class, but only mine and Malfoy's brooms shoot up straight into our outstretched hands. The power of the broom causes me to sway a little on my feet.

"Whoa," I whisper.

"Those of you who have your brooms in your hands now, mount them and then hover for a minute before touching the ground again," Madam Hooch suddenly says, breaking me out of my trance of surprise.

I do as she says, and suddenly I hear a yell. Looking around, I see Neville is rising higher and higher from the ground.

"Young man, you need to come back down here and get off that broom this instant!" Madam Hooch is shouting to deaf ears as Neville is much too high to hear her anymore.

Suddenly Neville is falling from the pitchfork stuck to the castle and Madam Hooch barely has time to slow him down before he falls in the grass. Our whole class rushes over to him.

"Oh dear. I think it's broken. Let's get you up to Madam Pomfrey and she'll get you all fixed up in a minute," Madam Hooch says to Neville before adding to the rest of us as she starts to walk away with him to the Hospital Wing, "If I see one broom in the air while I'm gone, the person on that broom will be out of Hogwarts faster than they can say Quidditch."

We all stand there in disbelief, when Hermione suddenly asks, "Do you think the broom was jinxed or something?"

"Who cares? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would've remembered to fall on his fat ass," Malfoy says as he holds up Neville's remembrall.

"Give it here Malfoy!" I demand. I really hate bullies.

"Fat chance Potter. Think I'll leave it up where you can't reach. Say on the roof?" he replies as he takes off on his broom.

"Harry! Don't do it, you know what Madam Hooch said," Hermione tries to say as I start to take off after him on my broom.

"Come off it Hermione. Harry isn't going to listen to you when Malfoy is a bully," I hear Ron tell her as I go off.

I catch up with Malfoy, "Give it here or I'll knock you off your broom Malfoy!"

Malfoy throws it and I take off faster than he expected, almost succeeding in knocking him off the broom. I catch the remembrall right in front of an office, but I can't tell who the office belongs too.

I touch down on the ground, noticing that what's left of Gryffindor is cheering for me while the Slytherin half of the class stands off to the side, looking angry until we hear a voice.

"Mr. Potter, come with me," Professor McGonagall says.

My face falls and I follow her, still holding the broom I was flying on in one hand, Neville's remembrall in the other. When she doesn't turn towards her office or Dumbledore's office, I get confused, but stay quiet. We suddenly come to a stop outside of Professor Quirrell's classroom and she walks in. I hear her, "Professor, can I borrow Wood for a moment?"

"O-of c-course Professor," comes his nervous stutter.

She walks back out to where I'm standing with the boy who I assume must be Wood, then says, "Oliver, I have found you a seeker! This is Harry Potter and I just watched him make a dive to catch this remembrall that would rival even what Charlie Weasley did when he played!"

Oliver smiles and holds his hand out, "Well Harry, we will have to train you a bit and get you a good broom but lets see how you do."

"Okay. Just tell me when to meet up for training," I reply still in shock.

AN HOUR LATER

Talking with Ron later, his brothers Fred and George sit with us in the common room.

"So Wood just told us Harry. Youngest seeker in a century! Welcome to the team," Fred says.

"We're beaters, so our job is to make sure you don't get bloodied up too badly!" George says.

"What if I make a fool of myself?" I ask, full of insecurities at the thought of playing Quidditch.

"You won't. It's in your blood, Harry," Hermione says from beside us.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"Come with me," she says, standing up. I follow her over to a shelf that I had never paid attention to. Hermione points to a plaque that says a list of the whole team, "See? It's in your blood."

I see the list and gasp, "My dad was a seeker. How have I never known this? I see his best friends all the time and they never told me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IT IS!!! FINALLY A FLYING LESSON, ESSENTIALLY JUST LIKE IT WAS FROM ORIGINAL SERIES!! THERE WILL BE MORE #LILVERUS NEXT CHAPTER! SORRY IT'S TAKEN SO LONG TO UPDATE, BEEN SUPER BUSY AND WORKING ON A BUNCH OF STUFF WITH THE BUSINESS... WILL BE WORKING ON UPDATING MORE ONCE MY WORK SCHEDULES CHANGE! THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME SO FAR... LOVE YOU ALL 😘❤💚💙💛 ~Nikki