Chapter 21

Here is chapter 21! You guys will be meeting a new character! Hope you enjoy!

**************************************************************************

I don't look up but I shut my eyes as Liam takes a deep breath and raises the phone out of my gaze.

"Hey Ni,......were at that little park, why?....what's up?" He asks.

Instantly I hear a rambling from the phone, my eyes shoot up at Liam who is looking directly out into the park. His cheeks turning red and his jaw clenched.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I nudge his shoulder.

He looks over at me and presses the speaker button on his phone, seconds later the pavilion is filled with Niall's loud screaming voice, echoing off of the walls.

It was in the middle of his rant that Liam put him on speaker phone but from what he's saying I'm getting a pretty good idea of what the conversation is about.

"AND ANOTHER THING......WHAT GIVES YOU THE DAMN RIGHT TO TAKE HIM OUT?! LIAM I SWEAR YOU BETTER NOT EVER KISS HIM AGAIN OR WE WILL HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM." His words ricocheting off of my chest causing me to loose my breath.

I look up at Liam who's face is pulsing, his eyes begin to get red. Either he was going to cry or kill someone. Either way this was UNCALLED for.

"Hey!" I shout as I take the phone from Liam who jut say there, motionless.

The phone went silent for a moment before his voice came back.

"A-Andrew?..." His voice now soft and unsure.

"How dare you talk to him like that, or anyone for that matter! Niall that's not who you are, I know it's not." I took a shaky breath "or at least I thought I knew.......but clearly I was wrong.....about a lot of things"

I quickly swallowed back my tears as he tried to salvage his dignity. "Don't bother I've already heard it once" I say as I quickly end the call.

At this point my back is facing Liam, I quickly brush away the tears and turn back to flash him a smile but to my surprise he's right behind me and he pulls me into his arms. That's when I let it all out, I blubber like a baby, uncontrollably into his chest as he ran his fingers trough my hair.

"It's going to be okay, just wait and see" he says a he pulls me back to look into my eyes.

He brushed a tear from my cheek as we locked eyes, something about the way he looked at me made me realize that he might have a thing for me.

I quickly turn my head to divert the attention and took a seat at the table.

Liam quickly sat down next to me.

"Andrew.....you didn't have to do that for me" he said looking out at the empty park field. The leaves were all in big piles on the ground, the trees Barron. The freeze on Christmas Day was a hard one, I guess even nature didn't try to mend her broken heart.

"Liam, yes I did. He was out of line and needed to be put in his place, I don't know him anymore and he just proved that."

"Thing have just been....." He began.

I quickly turn my head and eyes him very carefully a he spoke. He hesitated for a moment before he continued.

"Different" he finished.

"Yeah.....I know the feeling" I said as I took a breath and tilted my head back and closed my eyes. I focused on the sounds of the nature around me. The water on the lake rocking effortlessly against the shore, the sounds of birds in the trees and the crunching leaves beneath each and every footstep.