Chapter 35 - The Lorax

(Monday, March, 23rd, 2012)

A lot has happened in just one week. I finally got to tell my mom I was going to buy her a house, and for her just to pick the one she wanted. Honestly it felt amazing to tell her, I worked so hard just to make her proud, and knowing she's proud of me is the best feeling in the world.

Last week I also filmed the music video for my song with Rihanna, Fly. I remember writing the song and she was the only person I had in mind for the hook, she's an amazing singer. It was really nice though, we goofed around so much on set together.

Also, I got to film part of the music video for one the singles off my new album. After we finish the video for 'Your Love' I have two more to do, and I have an idea for a video for another song but that'll come later.

Everything is coming together for this album, and I'm super excited!

We already have my tour dates set up, Friday May 18th is the first show, and I'm kinda flipping out even though I've been on multiple tours. This isn't any regular tour though, we start off in New York, we go to Asia, Europe, go around North America, and I go to Canada. It's crazy.

Today I'm gonna make everything happen. At nine am Marshall and I are gonna leave Detroit, and go to New York to sign some papers. I've been in Detroit since Saturday, it feels good to be around the girls which I missed, and finally sleep in my own bed.

Speaking of beds I rolled out of Marshall's arms, and looked at the clock. 5:27AM. Yup, it's time to get up. I climbed up onto of Marshall straddling him, and kissed his face multiple times to wake him up.

"BOO!" Marshall yelled out once I kissed his nose making me jump back, and fall off bed.

"I'm so done with you scaring me" I huffed, and got up from the floor. "I thought you were knocked out asleep" I said as I climbed back up on the bed.

"Nope.. you woke me up. You know, you started to laugh in your sleep. I thought you were getting possessed, it was some scary shit" He said, and stretched his body out, placing his hands behind his head.

"I don't say nothing when you snore and wake me up, one morning you were so loud I thought we were having a earthquake" I said as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"How rude" Marshall said, and got up from the bed making his way to the bathroom. "Aye, you wanna come with me for my morning run?" Marshall asked.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing" I said while leaning on the bathroom door frame.

"Since when do you run?" He chuckled.

"Since I realized I'm going on tour in like a month and a half. I really need to stop laying down after I eat" I said and tapped on my stomach, making Marshall laugh while he brushed his teeth getting his spit on the bathroom mirror.

"Marshall" I groaned.

After brushing my teeth along with Marshall, and washing my face, I threw on some clothes. I wore a simple pair of black leggings, a Nike sweatshirt, my running shoes, and a Nike windbreaker. After I slipped my hair into a neat high ponytail, I bent down to fix my loose shoelace.

As I went to straighten out my body once I was done fixing my shoe. Marshall's hand came in contact with my behind, making a loud clapping sound. I shot back up, and held my sore cheek.

"Marshall.. I swear to god one of these days your gonna pull that on me, and imma just smack you" I said before rolling my eyes at him.