I managed to get a good night sleep before I packed up and left the motel, starting my trek down the road that was covered with forest with both sides. If I could find a town nearby, it would really help for me to find a job for a while, but it didn’t exactly seem like there was as I continued walking. The only vehicles that passed were a bus, which I had no money for, and a couple of cars who didn’t like the idea of picking up a hitchhiker and drove on. Luckily, it wasn’t too hot out and the trees shaded me from the sun, so I wasn’t too dehydrated, even though my water bottle was running pretty low.

                I turned to look down the road and sighed. My back was aching and I didn’t even have too much in my backpack, well, unless you count the presents I had from Japan for my sister that I had no money to send over. I decided to trek into the woods a little, so that I could find somewhere to sit, but I made sure it wasn’t too far away. Well, that was until I heard the sound of running water and followed it until I came out to waterfall.

                “Oh, thank God!” I grinned and removed my bag. The waterfall was beautiful and it just seemed to be so out of place, yet it was so great. A river ran from the little lake bit under the waterfall and ran parallel to the road, going away from the motel. I must’ve walked quite a bit from the road to find it. I drenched my face with the cold water and then lay on my back with my feet at the edge, not touching the water.

                Since that night with Leon in Paris, I’d travelled really far, but I’d kept away from men. It was like the idea of being near them was wrong compared to the idea of me being with Leon. And, I hadn’t really stopped thinking about Leon since either and I always had dreams about him. Yes, they were usual highly sexual dreams, but it was like he was always in my mind. I daren’t even think about the dreams throughout the day because I’d always get very, very turned on by them. Bad, I know. So, at some point in transit between Europe and Australia, I managed to put up a block throughout the day and let it drop by night.

                I must’ve fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, it was pitch black. I groaned and sat up, glad I didn’t have one of those dreams. “Looks like I’ll have to sleep out here until I find another town... if I find another town.”

                I stood up, stretched, went to fill my water bottle up and then put my backpack on my back again. Trekking in the night was never my thing, but I, luckily, had a good torch, so I could see where I was going. The night was calm, but I could still hear fluttering in the trees and movement on the ground other than my own. I’d come so accustomed to nature and sleeping in the outdoors over the past few years, that it didn’t bother me. If I had a tent, I would’ve set up camp, but I kind of lost it in Alaska when I was running from a bear. That was my scariest encounter. If I told anyone about it, they’d probably think I was stupid for running, but what else was I going to do? Let it kill me! Plus, being on the track team kind of helped too!

                A growl to my right made me think that I’d been reliving the bear moment so much, that I’d managed somehow to think I’d imagined it. But, I hadn’t because it was louder. I stopped, kind of frightened at this point. This growl didn’t sound like bears growl, it sounded more like a vicious dog and I knew it was probably a wolf or something. They are pretty popular at the side of the woods, excuse the pun. I turned to see a pair of eyes glaring at me. The wolf was obviously pure black since I could only see the glimmer of its eyes and it must’ve been less than fifteen feet away from me. I didn’t move, I couldn’t run out of a wolf if I tried. A bear, yes, but wolves were quicker than bears.

                Just as I thought it was about to attack me, a howl broke the silence of the night and then wolf ran off, leaving me to let go the breath and didn’t even know I was holding. My heart was pounding in my chest, but I left it behind me and continued walking, just hoping that the wolf wouldn’t be back anytime soon.     I walked for a good hour before I began to see light. A campsite. If it was a campsite, then that would mean that someone could direct me. Instead of seeing a nice set-up campsite, instead I saw tents ripped and broken and trash everywhere. I suppose my luck wasn’t so good.