The Problems Never End

Tyler's POV

“Oh come here honey!” My mother called to me as I silently glided toward my family. I was smiling lightly, everyone was there. I felt silly in the pale blue graduation robe and cap. Excellent was welling up inside me though, as soon as my parents were done taking these pictures they said I could go to California to be with Lia. “One more with your grandma!” she exclaimed.

“Fine,” I whined as the camera flashed once more. I hurried my goodbyes and hugged everyone. I rushed out as fast as my feet could take me. As I jogged to my car, I called American Airlines and asked for a seat on the next plane to San Jose, California.

~~

Lia's POV

My eyes fluttered open, there was a strange sheet enveloping the bed I was resting on. As I sat up, I noticed a note placed on a small, circular table. I parted the curtain and picked up the notecard:

Lia-

We are asleep in the room. We'll be up by 6:30PM. See you by the fire pit.

-The Boys

PS: Dwayne says sorry.

I chuckled at the last line before sliding of the cozy bed and approaching the pile of clothes The Boys had given me before. Filing through the mess, I found a black bikini, a loose, white see-through tank top, and a pair of dark denim shorts. I tromped out to the main area in search of The Boys and was quite successful.

"Well look who decided to return from the grave," Paul joked.

I smiled at his comment and swishes my hair in my face to hide my rosy cheeks. "So what are we doing tonight?"

"We're going to a party," Marko answered. "David knows some people who are going to be down at the beach tonight."

"Oh, where is David, anyways?" I asked.

"I'm right here," David spoke up as he exited a dark part of the cave. There was a small silence before David instructed, "Zak and Marcy will be waiting."

The Boys hopped on their bikes and left me standing. David sighed, "Just ride with me."

~~

Tyler's POV

"Hi, can I rent a car?" I questioned the little old woman at the Enterprise car rental booth.

Her eyes traveled from where I was holding my license to my head that was about a foot and a half higher than her five foot frame. "Well, let's see." her fragile voice squeaked as she took my license and picked up glasses that hung from her neck. As she scanned the card, I focused on what I was going to say to Lia. "I'm sorry, Mr. Collins, but I can't rent you a car because you are not twenty-five, yet.

I snatched my license back and muttered, "Thanks," before stomping off, outside into the California sunshine.

Frustrated, I plopped on a nearby bench and furrowed my brow. I got this far, now I need to get to Santa Carla.

"Tyler Collins?" a voice called to me. I looked up and found Jack Meyers, a buddy from elementary who I haven’t seen in years since he moved away way back when.

"Uh, yeah? Can I help you Jack?" I answered.

"No, I was hoping I could help you. You looked mad." he sat down next to me, "Spill."

"I need to- I need a car," I said without many details.

"You can use mine. I'm at my parent’s right and I just borrow one of their cars."

"You'd do that?"

"Yeah, why not?" he led me to a white and blue striped Camaro; he explained how his parents bought it for him on his sixteenth birthday and 'she was his baby.'

"Wow, thanks so much, Jack." I unlocked the car and got in.

"No problem man, just get it back to me."

"Don't worry, I will." I started the engine and waved good-bye. In a rush, I took off for Santa Carla to save my long lost friend, Lia.

Lia's POV

It was dark and we had just arrived at the boardwalk. While looking for a parking spot, David nearly hit a sweet white and cobalt blue striped Camaro. David flipped the guy off and continued. When we parked, I noticed that the Camaro had parked next to us. Out the driver's side came a rather tall, brunette. He was probably six foot six while David didn’t even reach six feet.

"What the heck, man?" the driver shouted at David. The guy was really familiar, but I couldn't put figure it out.

David stayed level-headed, "I was driving and you're the one who almost hit me."

"I almost hit you?" the driver laughed, shaking his head and turned to me, "How do you- Lia?"