Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Two large double doors with red stained glass blurs my vision. I try to swallow the lump in my throat. I push through the doors and let out a deep breath. I am forced to wear a school uniform, which consists of a plaid skirt with a black sleeve sweater tucked in with black knee socks and ankle boots. I heard my shoes leave light steps down the dark black corridor. I had a history book in hand, I was biting my lip gently. A crowd of students turn towards me and glare slightly, I heard someone whisper " ooh, fresh meat for Stryker". I had to wonder who Stryker was, it was probably nothing, I rolled my eyes and continued to walk down the corridor.

I was told to go to my first class of history. I took a seat in the back corner and sat silently with my hands and legs crossed. Anxiety filled my lungs like fluid, I couldn't breathe. I tried to focus on the window, imaging the cool, crisp air on my face. The room was filled with cherry wood and church colored glass. It had wooden double decks with benches for two.

"Miss, Amara, I know you think that since you're new you can spend your new days dreaming in class. Direct or eyes to me or leave instantly" she scolded with her raspy voice. I bit my lip embarrassed and looked forward. I was completely alone and lost. That was until a boy walked in though the small door frame. He had raven black hair with deep emerald eyes, his perfect jaw bone was razor sharp. I couldn't keep my eyes off this boy. He had a leather jacket on, on the back in big bold letters said 'Reject'. His eyebrows matched his dark hair color. His emerald eyes met mine, he showed a pointy smile that went up to his cheek bones. He looked crazy, as if the Joker was his teacher. His crazed smile continued as he looked at me, he didn't look away. I could see the insanity in his eyes. I looked away, thoughts clouded my mind. He was some sort of monster, a beautiful one at that. "Stryker, take a seat NOW" The teacher scolded loudly.

I hurried out of class, hoping to just get the day over with quickly. I felt someone behind me grab my hair and pull me back. "Lookie here, why don't, you look like a double cherry pie, sprinkled with just a touch of utter innocence. I'd love to get my talons on such a prize" the boy with the emerald eyes mumbled, the certain insanity growing in his pupils. I felt his hot breath against my neck, he was so close to me. His chest was practically against mine. All I wanted was to run, but his presence was too strong to deny. He laid a hand on my collar bone, shivers went up my spine. "Get to class,Doll face" he whispered against my ear. I backed away and began to walk the other way. His touch was electrifying, it lit me up like a christmas tree. My skin felt icy. His touch felt like sleep to the freezing, it was so strange.

I walked out the double doors, the wind felt like light airy kisses along my face. I let my feet carry me to the side of road. My bag was caught around my shoulder, it made me think. The two people who hurt me the most, why do I miss them so much?

It's not normal, I'm not normal. I can't comprehend the ache in my chest. I bit my lip slightly, and blinked a few times lightly. I let out a shaky breath. Why does my life have to play out like a sad poem.

Cold sharp blade, warm trickling blood. I seethe in pain, it feels like a punch of opium straight in my veins. I feel alive, I feel like a weight has been released. My inner jar of hurt has been shattered with every razored kiss. My razor is my only friend, more than that. It's my lover, the way it kisses me, how it takes away this pain. I hate everyone! They know nothing!

Blood is running down my wrists, slits of fat deep within my arm show. I feel proud, and human. Even this tree house couldn't save this blood thirsty demon in my heart.