Chp 5~ Oliver and Company?? (NEW)

Lilac POV:

When Ivan fell from the wound my dad made on his leg, it took me a while to notice what even happened. When my mind finally met reality, I backed up falling over twigs and sticks scared like hell for what my dad might try to do.

Jake manages to knock Dad oven in the process getting him off of Ivan. I crawl over to Ivan my legs shaking as I start to look him over but my eyes continue to scan around not sure where Jake and Dad went.

Pulling the small boy up I lug him like a sack of potatoes to a nearby tree and sit him upright pushing the hair out of his face. He shifted a while ago and he looks like shit. Sweat, eye bags, and tears do not make him look as young and handsome as he normally is.

I lick his tears softly while looking toward the packhouse only to find Jake chasing (Chris) my Dad towards it. I look back at Ivan before grabbing my bag and hiding behind a tree to shift into my wolf form.

Stuffing on the clothes that I was wearing I go back over to Ivan to see him upright clinging to the tree his teeth pushed together in pain. I walk over and huff slightly at how tall he is but my eyes change to worry as I grab his hands softly and pull him close.

"Are you okay Lilac?" he chatters out softly into my ear as he tightens his hands around mine. His eyes look down at me with concern and I smile softly and remind him of his bleeding leg. He chuckles softly and a small blush of embarrassment crosses his face.

Looking up and away from him I see Jake sauntering over and he grabs his bag and proceeds to hide behind a bush to change into human form. Sighing softly I avert my gaze and look up at Ivan, getting more worried about how much blood he has lost in the past couple of minutes. The gash is long and deep possibly hitting an artery on its way through.

"Can we get you inside?" I ask my eyes downcasting to look at the long soft blades of grass around my shoes. The soft squish of bloddied grass on the ground makes me look up only to find Jake picking up Ivan.

"I'll take him to the pack doctor. You go ahead and get inside okay?" Jake says softly with a small smile as he looks over me. I nod and thank him softly as he carries Ivan inside. The young boy whines and complains that he can walk himself but he's immediately shut up when Jake gives him a small glare.

I chuckle softly my smile quivering as my mind is running a mile a minute. I make my way upstairs to Jake's room. Am I going to be sleeping somewhere else? Is Ivan going to be okay? I mean of course he is I'm practically as good as new now. But honestly, I would rather sleep on the floor than in his bed. I still don't know the guy! Grabbing onto the door handle I feel a small tap on my shoulder and I turn around slowly only having to crane my neck to see the tall person in front of me.

"Umm hello. You do know that this is the alpha's room right? If you need him I can lead you to his office he's most likely in there." the giant states while giving me a small smile.

"Oh! Ummm" I look away from him shyly and blush, getting nervous and a bit scared.

"I-I'm his mate" I mumble out looking away from him.

"Oh... well I'm glad to hear" he smiles softly as he begins to lean into the wall looking down at me happily.

"Oh yeah... what's your name?" he asks softly beginning to lean against the door his warm smile radiating. He seems like a nice person so why not. He's more of a gentle giant than anything.

"It's Lilac Roselle," my mouth says and I look up at him a small smile showing.

"Mine is Adam Tate Snow" he smiles holding out his hand. I shake it my head tilting to the side my smile growing a bit wider to meet a nice person.

"Well it's nice to meet you Adam, but I'm feeling a bit drained... maybe I'll catch you later?" I ask backing up into the room. He gives a nod and waves goodbye before going down the stairs. I close the door behind me and I search for the book that Jake got from the small library they have. 

~~~~

Suddenly I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I let out a small blush and sigh softly when I recognize the musky foresty smell of Jake. I say hello and look at him. He says hello back before I lean into him shutting my book and curling up into his arms. I can't say anything but being around him is soothing. It's the link we have. Even though I'm worried and scared I lean in a bit closer.

"Let's continue that movie from last night yeah?" he smiles softly scootching me over before he last down next to me. I smile at him my head tilting to the side when he leans over to grab the TV remote. I'll be honest this only time about him... but he sure does have a bakery in the back. He manages to find the remote and turns Oliver and Company back on and I smile from the beaming colors of the background.

As I feel the bed dip from his weight I scooch in closer to him smiling happily. Soon enough his arms find their way around me, and as I lay my head onto his chest we start to watch the movie.

After almost an hour he's passed out the credits rolling down the screen. I smile at him looking him over slightly before curling into his chest. Hearing a small chuckle makes me look up to see his lips curved up into a gleeful smile. Suddenly he pulls me closer nearly pulling me on top of him and he kisses my cheeks with a smile. Giggling softly I nuzzle into him more trying to get as comfortable as I can, soon he ends up getting closer and closer to the edge of the bed when I try to find a comfortable spot next to him. Suddenly there's a thud and I jolt up only to find him covering his face with his arms chuckling a little before he peeks up at me from the floor his eyes glittering a little.

"You okay down there?" I smile puffing up my cheeks to keep myself from laughing out at him rolling around on the floor mocking how hurt he is. He gets up with a groan and makes an exhausted yes float out of his mouth his lips cocked up in a smirk as he climbs into the bed and pulls me to his side. We both smile at each other before I fall asleep in his arms.

~~~~

Feeling a warmth leave the bed beside me I immediately wrap my arms around it mumbling for it to stay. A soft groan comes from my mate and I smile at him tiredly when he lays back down beside me. I stick out my tongue when he snorts out about how cute I am and pats my head softly. I look up into his eyes wanting to look at them again, just to see him staring at me with a weird smile on his face.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. These edits are pretty fun and the story is changing even so slightly as I feel like it's a bit funky. Anyway, Comment and Vote if you liked today's chapter! 

~Word Count~

         1335