I heard the patter of his feet, telling me he was following me.

Kyle didn't say anything as he sat on one of the chairs. His head was cast downwards, and for once, he didn't even begin to redeem himself.

Still, something wasn't right with him and it scared me. Would he go out tonight and get drunk too?

I just wanted to be there for him yesterday on such a bad day for him, but instead of letting his wife help him, he resorted to alcohol.

And the thought just pissed me off. I opened the cupboard door with much more force than intended.

"Spill it out." I demanded as I didn't dare look at him.

"What?" I heard his reply. He shouldn't play dumb with me, not now.

"I said, spill. Why would you go out and get drunk like that?" I heard him sigh, but I didn't hear any words. Just as I was about to open my mouth, he started to talk.

"I don't know." His short reply made my blood boil even more. I turned around to hit my hands of the counter before him.

"What has gotten into you?" I hissed. "A few weeks ago we were okay, now it's as if you don't even want to be here, in this house, with little old pregnant me!" I almost screeched. I couldn't help it, he was just off and weird and it made me angry.

"Don't say that!" He shot back. "Fucking hell, Cali, of course I still want you and the baby, shit, I love you!"

"Then why are you being like this?" I asked back.

He's just started getting quieter a few days ago, but this was the final straw. If he didn't want me, if he was unhappy with me, then why couldn't he just say it?

I didn't think Kyle would ever let me think he didn't love me. But right now, I couldn't think anything less. Maybe all my worst fears were coming true.

"I don't know! God dammit, Cali, I don't know!" He shot up from his chair to slam his hands down on the counter making me jump.

"Help me out here, Kyle." I breathed. "You're not right, you're not...you."

"I am me, I'm Kyle, your Kyle. Please don't say things like that." He replied back, his face coming forward to mine. He went to move around the counter, but I stepped back away from him. "Cali..." His body went rigid, his hands clenched.

"Why did you get drunk last night?"

"Don't stop me from getting to you." He replied back, completely dodging my question.

"Why did you get drunk? Answer me." I stated again. He stood opposite me, tense and apprehensive.

"Because I was just drawn to it. I thought it would help me with whatever I was feeling." Kyle stated before trying to move forward.

I stepped back again. Kyle growled slightly but he didn't move an inch, luckily.

"Cali, don't do this to me." Kyle demanded. My eyebrows quirked and I scoffed. How dare he!

"Don't do this to you?" I whispered menacingly. "I didn't leave my pregnant wife alone yesterday! I didn't rely on alcohol rather than my own wife!"

"I thought it would help!" He shouted.

"Did it?" I asked as I looked to him. He looked back, his eyes drawing me in. I couldn't let them. I had to stay strong. I needed to put my foot down, I needed to make sure he wouldn't leave me to get drunk again like this.

"No." He replied. I sighed as I laid my head in my hands. I heard him take a step forward but I put my hand up.

"Don't touch me."

"For fuck sake!" Kyle boomed.

All he seemed to care about was getting to me, he didn't realise what he did last night. He didn't care. He just cared about getting what he wanted and that was me.

So if I stopped him from getting to me, maybe he'd talk and realise what he did.

I was hoping.

"Don't push me, Cali, don't make things worse." Kyle pleaded.

"Make what worse?" I asked as I looked to him again. His head went down, but he didn't speak another word. Was it Joe? Did he mean the thoughts of Joe, his old best friend? "Kyle-"

"Stop." His voice came out demanding, and my mouth instantly shut. I couldn't help it. "I'm confused and I'm not right, I know, please, stop this. Love me."

"Kyle, don't be so stupid! I'll always love you, even when you're being irrational and silly and annoying me." I replied back. Of course I did, I was his wife and I'd do anything to help this relationship survive.

"Then let me touch you. I can't bare it, not being able to get to you." His broken voice made me take fast steps towards him.

I was then in his arms, squashing him to my body as he did the same.

"You could have gotten to me easy, I didn't surround myself with walls." I mumbled into his chest.

"But I don't want to touch you when you don't want it. You're mad at me and I just want you. The two together doesn't end well." He said as he kissed my forehead. "But it still kills me anyway." He sighed against my head and I snuggled into his chest deeper.

"Promise me you won't go out drinking again?" I asked him, I prayed to God he never. I didn't like it last night, out my mind with worry to where he is. Worrying if we'd get home safely.

"I promise." And I believed his words.

"I was worried out of my mind."

"I know." He sighed. "Thinking of it in reverse position, I would have taken this worse than you did."

And that's what I wanted Kyle to understand. I wanted to make him see that he was wrong here, that what he did wasn't fun or any good for the both of us.

"I know."

"I'm scared I'm going to need you more than you need me." I slapped Kyle's chest in reply.

"Are you still drunk?" I asked with humour. "That'll never happen, besides, we're married now. We're together, we work together that way. Don't think for a moment it's all one sided."

"We're a team." He stated. The saying alone made my heart pound as the memories of when we weren't even married came flooding back. I nodded my head against his chest before kissing him.

"Yeah, we're a team." And I'm sure, that was my motto for us.

------------------

I know, it's such a short chapter! I'm so sorry but I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

THIS IS NOT THE END OKAY
Just to make sure you know ^