22|Pleasure

⚠ WARNING: Mature content ahead

WARNING: Mature content ahead. Read at your own risk! You have been warned. ;)

    "I don't know how one child can be so good while the other is so evil," Julia exclaimed, shaking her head.

Hannah didn't reply to that, she just sat and watched all the action that took place in the busy airport. Their flight wasn't until an hour time, considering they had missed the last one– possibly the one Sam and Marianne had gone on.
   It aggravated Julia to the limit when she thought of how ahead they were of them and how intent they were on finding and destroying Maria. She was at times, somewhat unable to fathom the reality of everything that she had learned over the past hours. It seemed so unreal.

Hannah leaned into Julia. "How are you going to get your gun through?" It suddenly occurred to her that, that was going to be a problem.

     "Do you really think I have a gun now Hannah?" she whispered sharply. 

    "But–"

      "When I made that stop, I didn't collect a gun, I organized for what to be delivered to me in California," she whispered, looking around to see if she was at risk of eavesdroppers. "The guy's an old friend of mine, that's what he does, so I asked a favor and he was willing to help me out."

Hannah's nod was slow and dawning. "Ohhh," she dragged.

      Julia sighed a resigned sigh. "I hope Leon is keeping her safe although I never doubted his ability to. My baby was the happiest with him and the saddest without," she smiled.

     "He broke her heart!" Hannah injected gravely.

Julia scoffed. "What do you care?" She fired back. "What you did was no less subtle."

Hannah was clearly taken aback by her words and seeing that, Julia lightly sighed, gently massaging her forehead.

     "Look, I'm sorry. I'm jus–"

    "No," Hannah inserted abruptly. "I deserved that, but I want you to know that I regret every single thing I did to hurt her," she said, hanging her head.

A small silence passed between the two.

    "You know, I told myself repeatedly that what I was doing was wrong, but he always told me that there was nothing wrong in loving someone. He always had that look in his eyes when he saw me, the kind I always saw in Leon's when he was with Maria. The feeling I had when I was around him was so magnificent..." She trailed off and sniffed, staring blankly at one spot as if reliving the moments.