Be Careful What You Wish For...

Jessa's POV

"Mom!" No answer. "MOM!"

"What? I'm right here, calm down!" I looked at her incredulously. How could she be so calm in a time like this. So I asked her.

"How can you be so calm in a time like this?" Mrs. Sarcastic answered.

"Well. I do a lot of yoga and meditation." i narrowed my eyes at her and then I sighed.I'd lost my nerve. I'd been so brave back at Abe's office, but now confronting my mother seemed a little too much. I don't know that if in the end I wanted to know at all who my new husband will be.

"You know what mom? Just forget it... I just want to forget this whole day even happened. You would not believe what fun times I've had."

"Wait, I have to talk to you first.'

"Can it wait? I really just want to sleep until tomorrow."

"No, we're having guests later. It's really important Jess-" she hesitated. " Here come sit with me." I frowned and followed her to living room and sat in one of the recliners. She sat on the couch. "Jessa, you know your father is very important and he has a lot of connections. He is a powerul man and sometimes I just can't tell him no."

"I know I'm getting married."

"And-"she looked up at me. "What?"

"I said, 'I know I'm getting married.'"

"But-"

"Zak told me. Rather surprised when I saw him too. Not as surprised as I was that my father has set me up in an arranged marriage."

"Look, Jessa. I know you're angry right now, but you and Viktor will be great together." I froze.

"Did you just say Viktor?"

"Yeah, Viktor as in the guy next door, I thought you just said that Zak told you."

"He. Never. Told. Me. Who." I said through clenched teeth. I got up and stormed out of the living room. I wasn't satisfied with how I left though, so I turned around and went and look around. I found the object I was looking for, a book. I put it on the table nearest the archway and stepped back. I stepped forward, swiping it off the table in the process to acentuate my true dislike for the way my life is at this very moment.This is so short, it's not even funny. I'll do more when I have time. Probs tomorrow.