♡ Chapter 18 ♡

Beginne am Anfang

"You ready?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah, what's the worst that could happen?" Ariana laughed weakly.

The two entered the building and was hit with the smell of coffee. The room had a steady air-condition going on. The walls were mostly brown and the floor was cream-colored tiles.

"Who drinks coffee in a gun shop?" Brandon asked.

"Not a lot of people," a deep voice responded from their right side. "But this isn't a gun shop."

Ariana and Brandon turned their heads to see who the voice belonged to. The guy had a shaved head, ripped muscles, and a strong jaw. He crossed his arms and stood with his two feet apart. He looked like an action star fresh from the big screen.

Ariana cleared her throat. "Hi sir, uh... I'm Ariana Miller, and this is Brandon Davis. We were wonderi-" Ariana was able to finish since the buff guy walked away from them to the inner part of the building.

"Okay then," Ariana mumbled. She and Brandon followed the guy. He re-appeared behind a desk with a bell in it like the ones in the front desk of a hotel or something.

Then the guys smiled at the two. "Hello, can I help you?"

Ariana and Brandon exchanged a look. Then Brandon cleared his throat. "Hi, sir. We were just... uh... We were wondering what A.M.O is and what it stands for, you see..."

The guys beamed at the two, revealing blinding white teeth. "Follow me then," he gestured for them to come with him. He stepped out of the desk thing and went back through the doorway they came and disappeared somewhere else deep inside the place.

Brandon scratched his head. "I don't know about this," he said, unsure.

"Don't worry, I got your back," Ariana said as she followed the guy. Brandon sighed and quickly followed after. Ariana saw the bald dude entering a curtain and she followed suit, gesturing for Brandon to hurry up.

When she opened the curtains, the bright light hit her. And them she blinked a couple of times and adjusted her eyes to the light.

The whole room had white walls and black tiles. It was a large room with chairs and tables and TV's strewn about. There was a large table in the side filled with snacks and drinks. There were also a number of people, some huddled together in groups and some sitting individually.

All in all, there were about more than a dozen people, ranging from fifteen years old to fifty.

"What is this place?" Ariana breathed.

"This is a group. Or an organization, you could say," the bad guy from before re-appeared.

Brandon and Ariana took in their surroundings, trying to figure out what kind of a group it was. People weren't doing a lot of things like reading or knitting or playing chess or any of the sort, so it wasn't a book club or chess club.

People were just talking or eating or watching television. Some people looked at Ariana and smiled warmly at her. She smiled back.

"Come on, socialize! Everyone here should be more than welcoming to you," the bald guy said.

"I'm sorry, what was your name again?" Ariana asked him.

"Earl," he replied. Ariana smiled then nodded. To her surprise, Brandon took her hand and started walking towards a group of people. Ariana could feel her cheeks heat up, but she didn't pull her hand away since it would probably hurt Brandon's feelings.

"Hi," Brandon smiled charmingly at the group. There were about six people. Three of them were girls who looked like they were in their twenties and three of them were males of probably the same age.