7. Murderer

Val confused me in many ways. Although I knew him very well, he was a complete mystery. One moment, he'll be kind and sweet and will treat you like a gem. The next, he's got you pinned down, calling you his property, and taking complete control.

Good god, I loved it.

But at the same time, it made me question myself. I never forgot the day all those years ago where I could have died by his hand. Val has killed people, I've seen it. I sometimes wondered what I was doing, associating myself with him. He mesmerized me and scared me all at once, and I don't think I could have it any other way.

Of course I understood why my friends despised that man. He didn't have boundaries when it came to public intimacy, and I was fully aware that he did stuff like that when he wanted something out of me. To be honest, I wasn't even that against it.

Now that Party was back, I was clueless as to what I should be feeling. I never stopped loving him, but he wasn't there when I needed him. I couldn't blame him though, he didn't have any idea about the shit I went through. I drank far too much alcohol and got no sleep. I cried, and I rarely left my bed. I didn't eat, I didn't move, and all I wanted was to forget.

Then I grew up, and I got a hold of myself.

That didn't change the fact that I wanted nothing more than to just run into his arms and disregard all my years of suffering.

Sadly, it's not that simple. I wished that it were easy enough to just forgive and forget, but I was completely torn. Even though Val could never replace what me and Party had, I can't deny that my deputy changed me for the better. He made me stronger, and stood by me when my life hit rock bottom. That's something that I could never repay him for. Sure, he could be cruel and full of himself and manipulative, but there was no doubt in the world that he cared about me and my well-being.

So when he fell asleep next to me, his warm, bare chest pressed against my back, I wanted to feel complete. I wanted to be happy with my life and the way it turned out. As hard as I tried, I couldn't feel content with myself knowing that Party was still thinking about me. It broke my heart, but I couldn't find the willpower to change anything.

I just wished I could stop feeling things.

---

Fun Ghoul was startled to find himself on the cold white floor of what appeared to be Better Living Industries basement. He had a hard time breathing at first, so took a minute to regulate his breaths before he sat up.

Kobra Kid and Jet Star were still passed out.

"Guys!" Ghoul hissed, hoping that there weren't any Dracs or Scarecrows around.

The two other men remained still. Ghoul examined the room he was in. There was nothing but white walls and a single metal door that hung partially open. His friend, Party Poison, was nowhere in sight.

"Jet, Kobra. Wake up!" He liked his friends, praying that they were even alive. To his immense relief, Kobra let out a grunt of frustration.

"Five more minutes." He muttered, covering his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"No, get the fuck up." Ghoul commanded. That's when Kobra immediately realized that he wasn't in his bed.

"What the fuck?" He mumbled, staring around the room. Jet was next to show signs of movement. He blinked his functioning eye in confusion.