Chapter nine

<magenta>

As soon everyone was calmed down and jay was back in human form we were quickly escorted from the airfield with lots of guards , all seemed to be on high alert and giving quick glances at jay. We didn't have very far to go as we entered a small village made out of timber and mud with large spiked timber fence running around the whole compound.

We were quickly ushered in to a cabin as the guard told us to sit tight as the royal family were out on their run. As soon as the guard left I turned to the supposedly adult males behind me , i crossed my arms and raised one eyebrow waiting for an answer to the incident.

David piped up "it was my fault i convinced Kevin to do what jay did to me on the plane, i didn't expect jay to turn in to that thing" he added on the end in discuss. I keep my mask on to cover the deep angry feelings coursing through me, i turn and face Kevin now waiting for his answer. " i did what was required of my i had to protect my brothers honour. This mutt has no right hitting a royal blood" he sethed out through his teeth.

"I have had enough of this disobedience from you two, lay is of higher rank than you two as he was added to my pack before you and at this particular time i trust him more than you two, he has proven himself to me his ALPHA " i yell half growl at the two idiotic brothers in front of me.

I calmed down a little "there are two rooms out the back you two will be sharing one i will share with my BETA"  with the silence after my statement you could have heard a mouse fart. The shock and anger over the two dragon princes faces was priceless but I didn't want to deal with them so I dismissed them and walked to my designated room.

I sighed and proceeded to face flop on the king bed and scream in to the pillows, i hear the door close as i turn to see who it is im face to face with jay who had very unreadable look on his face. Before i could say anything he grabbed my face with both his hands and kissed me deeply on the lips. Before i could register what was happening and the feelings that were sturing inside me, he stepped back and bowed ready for my wrath.

But non came at him i was stunned still trying to fight the feelings taking over, it finally clicked in my brain i stare at jay with horror and distress. "Are you ok magenta" he asked quietly, even his voice sent shivers down my spine. "It's my birthday, I'm 19 now" I whispered to him with a shaky voice.

<jay>

"It's my birthday, I'm 19 now" her shaky angelic voice comes out in a whisper. The urgency and power in her voice was gone. I slowly put my arm around her shoulders as small sparks and warmth go through me. I knew she was my mate for a while but i think she just realised it herself.

"I'm sorry magenta I didn't know it was your birthday i would have got you something" i gently say to her as i rub her shoulder, she whimpers and relaxes in to my body. "Your my mate aren't you?" She whispers out. I shift a little "yes" I whispered back " i have known a while as I'm older, I'm sorry I didn't tell you i though if i let you discover it yourself it would be less chaotic" I explain a little louder but still softly.

"What do you mean chaotic?" She replies as she looked up to me with those beautiful green eyes. i rub the back of my neck with my free hand " during the fight me and Kevin were having he sent me a mental image of you..." i take a big breath and swallow and continued " he showed me a image of himself mating with you it sent me over the edge and i shifted in to I don't know what it was" i finished bearly autible.

*****Few hours later*****

What a lovely birthday surprise i got, don't get me wrong i have always had dreams about finding my mate and starting a family just didn't think i would find him this quick and being my beta of this stand pack I'm leading into war.

I have been sitting on the bed trying to wrap my head around the situation we were in as jay sat behind me with his arms wrapped around my stomach and his head between my shoulder blades. I think after an hour like that he fell asleep as he is mumbling something incoherent every now and then.

I was jolted out of my thoughts by a blood curdling scram just outside the house we were provided. I jumped to my feet and run to the bedroom door, there was a thump and a painful groan behind me i paused in my steps and turned around to see jay lifting himself up off the ground rubbing his forehead.

I giggled and proceeded on my current course and was met by Kevin, David and leo waiting at the front door. I wrench open the door and was meet by running woman and children in the general direction of the main building. I decided to go in the other direction followed by the guys in a tight formation , we arrived at the gate where some of the guards were evacuating the civilians and the others were fighting werewolves with spears and swords and were failing to drive them back.

The familiar tingle took over my body as my body sprouted fur and my hand turned in to paws, i let out a roar and charged. I knew leo was next to me when i hit the wolves took a few more seconds before jay joined in. "You two get in the air and get the ones from behind and cut off there aid" i projected to Kevin and david. About 30 seconds pass before two shadows passed over head , an almighty roar erupted as they landed and yelps and squill erupted from the enemy wolves as no doubt some of them were on fire.

With our support it didn't take long for them to be driven back and away from the compound, the two dragons kept up the pursuit till they were over the mountains.

Still in my beast form i was sitting at the front gate , my eyes trained to the direction of the retreating wolves. Leo huffs next to me and leans heavily on my side, he is a little beaten you a few marks will scar you but he reckons it will make him look manly and like a warrior. Jay sits on my other side a few centimetres away with his back to me, he has a bite on his left shoulder that was ment for me but he took the hit.

I look at him with aw and pride as he is doing his best to protect me from harm like a true mate, i hope once we sort out out diplomatic meeting here we can have a deep conversation.

<Kevin>

"I'm going to burn that mutt when we get back , he is getting in my way and is now ranked higher than us, you know what brother" i turn my head to face him as we fly. "I don't care what punishments we get from father or magenta, I'm only here cause i have to protect you" i look down below and let loose a torrent of fire on the wolves retreating into the mountain range. " i think we have pushed them far enough we should be getting back ".