Chapter 8: A What?!

"What are you doing tonight, Hermione?" Draco asked.

"Nothing," Hermione replied as she looked up from the book she was reading. "Why?"

"You know the deal we made?" Hermione nodded. "Well, we should go to dinner tonight. Like a-a date." He was obviously nervous because he was avoiding eye contact with Hermione and rubbing the back of his neck. And then he started fidgeting with his hands. The cocky, arrogant Draco Malfoy was nervous about a date.

Hermione was smirking now. "A what?"

"You heard me! A date!" He jumped up from the lounge and yelled. And then unexpectedly he ran out of the apartment door. Hermione sat there, shocked by what had just happened. But before she could move, the door opened again and Draco popped his inside and said, "Be ready by seven!" And then he was gone again.

Hermione burst out laughing and couldn't stop for minutes. Once she did, her stomach ached and she had tears in her eyes because she had been laughing so hard.

She sat up, still chuckling to herself slightly. Once Hermione had recovered from her huge fit of laughter and giggles, she disappeared, once again, into another world as her eyes devoured the words printed in the book sat before her in her lap.

******************************

A couple hours later, Hermione sighed, placing the finished book on one of her many, many bookshelves. She picked out another book, put her bookmark between the title page and the first page and replaced it on the shelf again, making a mental note to herself to start reading it later.

Hermione checked the clock. 5:00. She had two hours to get ready for the date with Draco.

She stood up and wandered into her room. Hermione walked into the ensuite that branched off her room. Most apartments didn't have ensuites, but luckily enough, Hermione had found this apartment and bought it immediately.

She had a quick shower, washed her body and hair, turned the water off again and hopped out, drying herself with a towel. She used a spell to dry her dripping hair and slipped on a strapless bra and some underwear before she slipped into the beautiful red dress she had bought with Ginny.
Hermione walked back into her room and pulled the red, strappy heels from her wardrobe. She sat on the edge of her bed and put the heels on, the right one first, then the left. They were surprisingly comfortable.

Hermione walked into the bathroom again to do her hair and makeup, her heels clicking on the tiled bathroom floor.

She applied a light layer of makeup. A little bit of mascara, blush and eyeshadow. When she was finished it was barely noticeable. Hermione curled her mousey brown hair with a hair curler.

She walked into the lounge room, her now curled hair bouncing around her shoulders, and checked the time again. It was ten to seven. Hermione chose out a red purse to match the colour of her outfit.

Since she still had about ten minutes before Draco came to her apartment to pick her up, she pulled the book out that had her bookmark inside.

Hermione opened it up as she sat down on the lounge, transporting herself to a completely different world compared to the one she was currently in.

After she had read about ten pages she heard a sound coming from somewhere behind the book. Hermione peeked over the top of the book. And that was where she saw someone crouching on the ground in front of her.

"Ahhh!" She screamed. Without thinking she hurled the book at the person's face and climbed over the back of the lounge and crouched behind it as she heard the groan from the attacker's mouth as the book made its mark.