Chapter 2

"The deal is-" Hermione started.

"Yes, yes I know," Ginny cut her off. "You'll come shopping if we stop at the bookstore. I already know this, it's the same deal you make every shopping trip."

Hermione called out before shutting her bedroom door. "And it will always be the same deal!"

"You think I don't know that?"

Hermione got dressed; jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. It was a decision between either a green and grey striped long sleeve or a black T-shirt. It was pretty cool outside and Hermione was trying to avoid darker clothes to help her mood. So the green and grey long-sleeved shirt it was.  

She brushed her hair which fell in waves around her shoulders. Hermione walked back out into the lounge room just as Ginny ran up to her and linked their arms. "This is going to be so much fun!" She squealed excitedly before disapparating with Hermione.

They ended up in the middle of Diagon Alley, wizards and witches bustling all around them. Ginny and Hermione spotted different groups of kids hanging around all of the different shops. A group of young kids stood at the window of Quidditch Supplies, gawking at the newest broomstick. Boys and girls were looking at all the different contraptions, tricks and potions in the windows of George Weasley's joke shop.

Ginny turned to Hermione. "George has been planning a new limited edition series of potions. You remember all the mischief he caused at Hogwarts? That's his inspiration."

Hermione shook her head with a grin. "When will he ever learn?"

"Why would he learn when he's made a business purely out of his mischief?"

Ginny made a direct beeline for a boutique that Hermione had never noticed before. It must've opened recently. Ginny seemed to have enough excitement for the both of them; good thing Hermione didn't bring hers along with them. Well, not for the boutique anyway.

Hermione walked in to find Ginny gawking at all the dresses on display. Hermione was about to sit down in one of the chairs placed in the middle of the boutique; Hermione knew Ginny and guessed they were going to be here longer than she expected.
But before she could even sit, Ginny ran over, red in her hands. "Hermione, you have to try this one on. Please, please, please?" Ginny begged her.

Hermione gently took the dress from Ginny and held it out at arm's length. Hermione scanned her eyes over it with Ginny staring at her face pleadingly. Hermione sighed, giving in. "Fine. Okay fine."

Ginny wandered back over to the section of dresses she was looking at while Hermione went to the changing rooms.
Hermione slipped on the dress and was shocked herself when she looked in the mirror. Once again, Ginny's right.

The end of the dress stopped just above her knee. It was strapless and had cuts in the back that showed some of her skin. Swirly patterns adorned the fabric in a darker shade of red on the front. She glanced at herself in the mirror one more time before going to find Ginny.

"I hate to admit it, but you were right," Hermione said.

Ginny's eyes widened slightly. "Oh my god, you look amazing," she gushed. "If you don't buy it, I will buy it for you."

"You don't have to do that," Hermione chuckled. "I'm buying it."

"Wow, no convincing needed? This is new."
While Ginny was off looking at a different rack of dresses, Hermione's eye was drawn to something. Hermione took it from the rack. She tapped Ginny on the shoulder and held the dress out. As soon as Ginny's eyes landed on the dress, she snatched it from Hermione's hand and ran off to the changing rooms. Ginny came back out a couple minutes later in the dress. It looked gorgeous on her. The dress was exactly the same as Hermione's, only blue. She didn't have to say anything, Hermione could already tell she was going to buy it.

Ginny changed into her clothes and they paid for their dresses. They walked outside into the bright sunlight. It made it slightly warmer.

Hermione started heading towards the nearest bookstore that she could find, but Ginny tugged her wrist and stopped her. "Where do you think you're going?"

"The bookstore." Hermione held up the bag with her new dress in it. "We went shopping, now we're going book shopping."

"No, no,  no. We're not finished yet."

"What?"

"We have to get matching shoes." Ginny sighed. "Honestly, people say you're the brightest witch of your age and you don't even know how to shop for bloody clothes!"

Ginny grabbed Hermione's hand and tugged her past some stores: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions, an ice cream parlour, a small cafe.

Ginny dragged a groaning Hermione into a shoe boutique. There were all sorts of heels, flats, sandals, all different sizes and colours, displayed inside and outside the store. Ginny's eyes lit up with excitement. She was just as bad with clothes and shoes as Hermione was with books.

Ginny gasped and picked up two pairs of strappy heels. One pair was blue and the other red. Hermione didn't actually mind them too much when she fitted them on. She did a little walk around the store to test them before taking them off and taking them to the counter. Both girls paid at the counter and walked back out into the busy street outside.

Ginny scanned the other stores around the boutique and groaned. "You'd think they'd have some decent bloody food around here, wouldn't you?"

Hermione mentioned the small cafe she spotted on the way to the boutique. They made their way there, ordered coffee and a sandwich each. They talked while they waited for the food and ate in silence while they ate, observing the people bustling past them.

Hermione finished her food and wiped at her lips with a napkin. She placed it on her plate and grinned at Ginny. "My turn." Now it was Ginny's turn to be dragged around.

They both found a few books each that caught their eyes and paid for them. They apparated back to Hermione's apartment when they were finished, dumped their bags on the ground and collapsed onto the lounge. Ginny turned to Hermione after a few moments of silence. "That reminds me, Harry and I wanted to invite you to dinner on Friday night. You know the new restaurant that opened up on the East of town?"

Hermione nodded her head. "Of course I'll come."

"At 7, okay? Don't be late."

"I wouldn't plan on it.

"Anyways, I better get going. Harry's probably freaking out. I didn't tell him where I was going." She stood up and gathered her bags before apparating back to her own house, leaving Hermione on the lounge in silence.