The Library is Not As Empty As You Thought

You jump up in horror as the mound of bean bags writhes in pain.

A scrappy young figure pushes his way to the surface, groaning in pain as he does.

"What the HELL ARE YOU DOING?" You say, feeling defensive and confused.

Your breath catches in your throat as the man looks up at you with large, intelligent eyes. "I-I'm sorry!" He squeaks, "I-I don't know what I was thinking..."

You extend your hand slowly to the man, helping him to his feet. It's only been a few seconds, but you can see that he has a black eye coming in.

"Oh jeeze." You say, "I'm so sorry. I didn't expect anyone to be... up here... at this time of night. What are you doing here?" The man looks down, avoiding eye contact and says, "Well, I, uh, came up here to study." "But why were you hiding under those?" You say, looking at the bean bags. The man opens is mouth, as if to say something, but shuts it, and instead bends down to gather up your books. "Here, uh." He says, "I didn't catch your name." "Y/n" You say, "And you are?" "Lin-Manuel. But my friends call me Lin." He says, smiling, shyly.

For a moment, all is still. And the only thing you see is the way his delicate skin wrinkles at the corners of his eyes as he grins. The way his long brown hair falls in an unorganized mess over his face. The way his sharp jawline contrasts against his cute, peach fuzz covered-

"Well, I really should go. I've bothered you long enough." Lin gently pushes past you, heading for the stair case. You do not hesitate for a moment, instead whipping around and grabbing his upper arm tightly. He yelps in pain. You let go quickly, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry." "It's okay." He says, "But Ive really got to go, I've been such a bother..." "No." You say, with a surprising amount of firmness. "At least let me get you some ice or, something. My apartment is just a block away."

Lin looks at you, squinting through his swelling eye and sighs, "Oh, alright. But I really shouldn't be imposing like this..." "No," You say, "It's okay, just let me get some ice on that eye before you go blind." Lin chuckles as you walk him downstairs, through the lobby, and out into the crisp autumn air.