You'll stay with me

“Jason McCann.” I called out as I ran down the dark street. I threw my arms around him as he turned around. “Boy where have you been?!” I smiled. 

Jason’s usually cold, heartless expression softened when he saw me. “Gracie Mitchell. How long has it been?” He embraced my tiny waist in a hug. 

“Too long.” I smiled and pulled away. “You been in Vegas?” I looked at his face which suddenly fell. 

“Yeah, actually, I had to do some time..” He looked pretty beat too me. “Jason. Where are you staying?” I asked. 

“Oh you know, with some friends..” He said, I could obviously tell he was lying.

Jasons P.O.V. 

“Oh you know, with some friends..” I lied to Gracie. I just couldn’t believe Gracie Mitchell , the girl I was in love with in middle school, was standing right here in my arms. 

“Jason.. Don’t you dare lie to me.” Gracie looked me in the eyes. 

“Fine, fine..” I sighed and looked at her. “Nowhere, Gracie. I’m staying nowhere.”  I kicked the ground. “I’m a nobody- staying nowhere.” I whispered softly to myself. Just so you know, even criminals get sad sometimes. 

“That’s nonsense, because you’re staying with me.” Gracie smiled, her newly blonde hair falling around her shoulders. “I wouldn’t let you stay on the street!” 

“Gracie,” I chuckled. “Your brother hates me.” I said. Gracie’s brother, Logan Mitchell, you know that one boy from Big Time Rush, hated me. More than you could think. He thought I was a heartless, serial killer. Not that I wasn’t, but I wouldn’t ever hurt Gracie. 

Gracie rolled her eyes and laughed softly. There it was, that laugh I fell in love with, 

*Flashback*

“JASON.” My eighth grade math teacher yelled at me. “What’s the answer?” I froze. I had been dozing off for who knows how long.. 

I looked over as a girl turned around. She was pretty. She had long, pretty chestnut brown hair and piercing blue eyes. She mouthed the word, “24” to me. This girl better be right. I had seen her around, she was popular, she was pretty, and she was nice. Gracie, I think was her name. 

“24.” I said confidently smirking and flipped my hair to the side, while leaning back. 

The teacher nodded and continued teaching. The girl turned around in her chair. I didn’t know what to say, I’d never talked to this girl before. 

“This is the part where you’re supposed to say “Thank you.”” The girl said, her voice soft and dripping with a bit of sarcasm. 

“Yeah- yeah, thanks..” I stuttered as her bright blue eyes stared into mine. She smiled a soft angelic smile. “No problem. I’m Gracie, Gracie Mitchell.” She held her hand out. 

I took it swiftly. It was soft. “Jason McCann.” I smiled trying to look as confident as possible. 

“Trust me- I know who you are.” She smiled and turned back around, her scent of Vanilla, or something, washing over me. 

*Flashback Over*

“You’ll stay with me.” I heard her say in the background. “JASON?” She said and snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

“Huh? What? 24.” I said, jumping into reality. 

She laughed. “You’ll stay with me.” She smiled at me. “Logan won’t mind. Trust me we have so many people staying with us, he probably won’t even notice.” 

“Wow, thank you. So much.” I took her in for a hug. She still smelled like Vanilla, or whatever that scent was.

“Anytime- McCann.” She smiled and hugged me back. She started walking and skipped along. “I’m just warning you, it’ll be crowded. I mean we have more than enough space, a 15 bedroom house comes in handy. We have all 4 Big Time Rush boys, Elizabeth and Arianna, Katie, and people are always spending the night.” 

Elizabeth and Arianna, yeah I remembered them. They were her best friends. Elizabeth was Carlos’s little sister, and Arianna was James’s little sister. They were the same age as Gracie, 16. Katie was Kendall’s little sister who was only 12. 

“It’s no problem.” I smiled and turned my hat backwards. “It’ll be nice to be around people for once.” I whispered. 

//leave feedback below or likeee?