twenty six - safe

tyler had night terrors, about a few things. and thankfully josh was always there to help him through the rest of the night. josh was always there to help the fragile and exquisite boy. and tonight would most definitely be one of those nights. however, neither of the two knew this of course.

tyler started to toss and turn in his sleep, and he started to sob, which woke josh up from his light sleep.

"josh." tyler cried in his sleep, "no no!"

"tyler, baby, wake up." josh shook tyler gently.

"go away. please," tyler whimpered.

"tyler, wake up." josh spoke more sternly and a few seconds later he jolted awake.

"joshie." he whimpered throwing himself into joshs arms.

"you're okay, i've got you." josh whispered into tylers ear, rubbing his back.

"i-it was horrible." tyler sobbed.

"we'll talk about it when you calm down."

"m'kay."

"you're okay." josh softly spoke as tyler's breathe started to even out and the tears stopped.

"i-i'm good."

"good, what happened baby boy?"

"i-um, there was this man and he was chasing us and eventually he caught up a-and when he d-did he got me b-but you said to t-take you instead and s-so he k-killed
you and i h-had to w-watch." tyler stuttered out.

"oh sweetheart, that's never going to happen okay? i promise."

"i just don't want to lose you, 'cause i love you."

"i know baby, i love you too, so you're stuck with me for a while."

"but what if you die?" tyler asked his eyebrows furrowed.

"then i'll haunt you." josh spoke seriously making tyler giggle loudly.

"i love you joshie, you make me feel safe."

"i love you too ty, i'm glad you feel safe."