Chapter 24

"What?" Dinah asked in disbelief,

"I was gonna tell you! That's why I came up here Dinah I didn't know you were gonna kiss me!"

"You should have said something the first time we spoke!" Dinah yelled,

"Would that have made a difference in the way that you feel about me?!" Normani fought back,

"Of course not but it would have been nice to know before I poured my heart out to you earlier!"

Normani sighed, calming down, "I'm sorry Dinah. Do you wanna keep talking about this or do you want some time to yourself?"

Dinah though for a moment, " I don't see where we're gonna get if we keep walking away whenever we feel like it but just, give me a minute."

Normani nodded as Dinah went into the bathroom.

Dinah locked the door before breaking down silently, her heart felt like it had been ripped from her chest. She wished that Normani told her about her boyfriend sooner but she knew now and was ready to continue their conversation.

"Are you okay?" Normani asked as Dinah emerged from the bathroom.

"No but talk anyways."

"What do you wanna know?" Normani asked while playing with her thumbs.

"How long?"

This question caught Normani off guard, "About six months."

Dinah scrunched her face, "We've only been broken up for eight or nine months and y'all have been together for six? Didn't waste any time getting over me."

"I waited for you to call me or text me, hell even a dm! Was I supposed to wait on you forever Dinah?"

"Do you love him?"

"I don't know, I could."

"But do you?" Dinah reiterated.

Normani took a deep breath, "I don't know."

"You don't know? Well what do you know? What can you tell me about him?"

"I know that he's not you. He doesn't even compare."

Dinah's heart fluttered, she melted at what her ex girlfriend had just revealed.

"Dinah, I have been irritated beyond belief with him lately because of you. You've been on my mind and I can't help but think that we were supposed to meet again on this ship."

"You know, you didn't call either." Was all Dinah said under her breath,

Normani scoffed slightly, "I thought you would chase me."

"I did! I chased you all the way to the airport!"

"Not that Dinah! Sure you came to the airport but what about after?! I got on the plane and then never heard from you again!"

"You didn't need to hear from me again Normani since you've clearly already moved on!" Dinah shouted,

"He's a rebound Dinah!" Normani yelled, "I can't stand him because he isn't you!"

"Normani," Dinah tried interrupting,

"Are you happy now?! He isn't you Dinah and he doesn't make my heart jump the way you do by just looking at me, he doesn't look at me the way you do. I don't see the world through his eyes like I do yours.  He doesn't know me the way you do.."

"Normani." Dinah tried again,

"He thinks he knows me but he doesn't. He doesn't ask, he doesn't encourage me to be my own person. He isn't amazing like you. Dinah I love you and that never changed. I'm with him, yeah but my heart has been with you every day since I got on that plane."