Chapter 53 | Thunder Storm

A/N: I know you guys have been waiting for this for a long time, so hopefully I delivered. Also, I'll include a pic here of the shower since I'm bad at describing things. 

| | |

| | |

It was a damn good thing the water that flowed through the sewers wasn't actually sewage. Instead, it was relatively fresh water from the ocean outside. Vanaheim was just one big floating island. Eventually all the water just dissipated somewhere. No one's ever tried to find the edge. Back to the point, though. Kuza had really grown accustom to living in the sewers. So much so that he really didn't care about getting dirty in them. 

He hung upside down out of one of the drains, watching his boyfriend beat the living shit out of Apollo. Yeah, four days later, that ass is still alive. It really wasn't the spider demon's choice. In fact, he'd been begging for a mercy kill, but Croc had much different plans for him. All the years of suffering he'd caused so many others, it was time he felt it for himself.

"Shouldn't that guy be dead?" BK asked as he and Lock wondered into the demon's lair.

"If anything else aren't you worried he'll lash back at us again?" Lock added.

"Nope!" Kuza responded, chipper as can be. "He drained all of his magic awhile ago. He's about as powerless as a human right now. No offense."

He sighed, "None taken."

The vampire flipped himself back upright. He crossed his legs Indian style, messing with his damp hair to get it back in place. "What're you guys doing here anyways?"

Croc held his brother tightly by the neck. Seeing their size difference, it was hard to believe he was the runt. "If you're looking to get your ass handed to you again, I'll have to take a rain check." He tossed Apollo across the cobble, adding, "I'm preoccupied."

"Actually we just came in to get out of the rain. The outside entrance to here was right by where we were stationed anyways." Lock replied.

"Plus, Master Knight would kick our fucking asses if we entered the manor without permission and soaking wet." BK added.

"Why's he got such a big hang up about you guys being in the manor?" Kuza asked.

"We're humans." He grumbled, "We're inferior to magical creatures. They consider it unsacred for us to touch places like Qrow Manor."

"Oh." He murmured. Then Kuza thought for a second, realization setting in and turning to alarm. "Wait, did you just say it's raining outside?!"

Lock raised an eyebrow at him, "Yeah?"

Hurriedly, he tried to get out of the storm drain he was sitting in. He fell into the waterline down below him but that wasn't that big of a deal to him. Snakes don't like the rain, and he doesn't like snakes that much. He'd gotten used to all the other reptiles under Croc's control but there was just something about snakes that he couldn't get over. As the rain was worsening, they all slithered inside through the drain and cracks in the wall.