5 - The Part Where Perrie Just Wanted To Murder Him

Start from the beginning

       "Because you wanna see me feel like shit?" Perrie retorted, causing the other girl to dart her eyes at the blonde with a frown.

Jesy rolled her eyes at her childish best friend. "Pez, you know I never wanted to see you like this; a mess. And as your best friend, I need to make sure you're okay."

       "But I am okay."

       "Said who? You literally just told me you felt like shit, Pez, and I don't like that. What kind of a best friend would I be if I left you alone blaming yourself for not being perfect when in fact you are perfect. Jade just didn't see that yet. But I promise you that she will. And when she does, she'd be all over you," Jesy states with confidence, anything to convince the blonde that Perrie doesn't need to feel bad about rejection.

"Thanks, Jes," Perrie says, feeling grateful and lucky to have a best friend like Jesy. Perrie heaved a sigh of content, as if a huge burden had just been lifted off her shoulders. "I honestly wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for you."

"You're welcome," Jesy smiles, "Come on, I'll walk you to your classroom."

~•~•~

For Perrie, the first morning period was honestly killing her soul. Because that was the subject where Jed is her classmate; yes, the Jed of Jade Thirlwall.

Jed was becoming an annoying ass to Perrie already. He just doesn't know how to give Perrie some goddamn space! During lecture, Jed, who was seated in front of Perrie, would always turn his back and give the blonde a smirk, almost to the point where Perrie would actually think that Jed was becoming a flirt towards her. But she just shook that assumption off, knowing that nobody in school would actually want a geek like her.

"Hey, Perrie," Jed annoyingly greeted the blonde, who was conspicuously getting agitated by the boy. Once again, Perrie was planning a murder in her head.

"Jed," Perrie speaks sternly, "Listen to your teacher, yeah?"

"I am listening."

"You're talking to me," Perrie tells him, not caring if she sounded curt.

Jed shrugs, "Miss Halls is boring."

"And why on earth are you talking to me?"

"Because you're Jade's best friend?"

"Me and Jade are just friends."

Another shrug, "Same shit."

"Edwards and Elliot! One hour detention after class!" Miss Halls caught the students' attention. Perrie looked at the teacher with shock whilst Jed remained calm as he turns to face the front again.

"What!? But Jed was the one not paying attention for fuck's sake!" Perrie yelled at the teacher. But seeing Miss Halls' reaction to her slipped up profanity—which obviously shows how disappointed the teacher is, Perrie gulped and timidly looked down at her table as she sees no use in changing her teacher's mind about her detention.

Miss Halls glared at the pair. "Try to even open your mouth and I'll extend your detention for another hour," She threatened to the both of them.

Perrie's eyes darted to the boy in front of her. "Jed, aren't you gonna complain?"

Jed slowly turned his head to face the furious Perrie and just shrugged, which made Perrie want to slap him so badly for being so damn talkative.

Jed and Perrie were practical slaves now inside this hellhole. Miss Halls ordered them to clean up the room and the pair inwardly groan for the classroom looked barely like a classroom anymore. The whole classroom looked literal garbage to be completely frank. It's like Perrie's classmates are wild and untrained dogs.

Perrie was alligning the chairs when Jed, who was barely doing anything, questioned out of the blue, "You know, I think I've seen you before. You used to wear glasses last year, right?"

Perrie nodded without glancing, "Yup."

"You know, I genuinely thought you were a new teacher considering you looked like one."

"Aren't you going to help me clean up this shit classrom?" Perrie interrupted the boy's comments.

       Jed pretended to think as he tapped his index finger on his broad chin, making a humming sound. "I guess it would be fair if you help Miss Halls and I'll just sit back and relax."

       "Are you fucking kidding me?"

       "Indeed I am," Jed says as he walks to help Perrie arrange the scattered seats. As Jed alligned the chairs in a column, he asks, "Why are you always not in the mood?"

       "Who says I'm not in the mood?"

       "You always seemed to be frowning every time I see you," Jed states, shrugging.

       "Well, if you just mind your own business then I wouldn't be frowning and annoyed right now," Perrie says matter-of-factly. And Jed seemed to take this as a joke considering his face seemed to look amused by the frowning blonde.

       Jed nodded, goofily smiling. "Okay, ma'am."

       And Perrie just wanted to murder this bastard right here and right now.