Chapter 4

Today, Julie decided to tell Sarah what's happening, she had been delaying it for few days now, even after the evidence was solid enough that the guy was Rick. Though Julie was determine to make today's the day Sarah know the truth, she still felt nervous and worried how her friend would react about this major news.

Apart from that, Julie was still herself, still into Brad. While he was slightly became quieter. She assumed that he's probably had a fight with his family or girlfriend, but she hoped the second one was not true because that would mean he already has a girlfriend. She was staring at Brad, like she often did lately.

Right now, Brad looks sad. Whenever his friends said something funny, he didn't laugh or even smile. He just stared at his lap, no longer to the window. And that somehow made Julie felt sad too. Sometimes when the person you like, even though from afar, is not happy, it somewhat makes you feel sad. That's just what it is.

Julie wanted to go sit next to Brad and ask him what's wrong but she worried that it might scare him, someone who he doesn't know just come up from nowhere and ask some serious question, which would not just scares him but anyone would feel the same. She doesn't want to be label as 'weirdo' by the person she has a crush on. So, she just decided to stare at him from her seat.

At lunch time, she finally got the chance to be alone Sarah at the cafeteria. She didn't know how to start or how it will end. Will Sarah believe her?

"There's something I want to tell you." Julie chose her words carefully.

"What is it?" Sarah's face was showing how clueless she was about Rick's cheating on her.

"It about......." She didn't had the chance to finish her sentence when suddenly Rick appeared from nowhere.

"Hey babe." He straight away kissed Sarah on the lips, so passionately. Julie roll her eyes at the sighting.

The bell rang a few seconds later. Julie sighed because she had blew her chance to tell Sarah. Though when she thought about it, it was Rick who had ruined the chance and that made her anger rising.

"Sarah, meet me at the bus stop after school, okay?" Julie said without sounding harsh. Sarah, who was still kissing with Rick, nodded her head.

"Can I come too?" Rick said after they had stopped kissing.

"No, you can't, Dick." Julie responded, annoyed with Rick.

"My name is Rick."

"Whatever." Julie replied before walking away.

Time moved so fast that without realising it, the school bell rang to end the school period for the day.

Julie was standing at the bus stop nervously when Sarah walked towards her.

"Are you going to tell me why suddenly you want to meet me here?" Sarah asked with a smile and felt strange with Julie's request. Julie took a deep breath before saying,

"Rick's cheating on you." Sarah's face suddenly became serious. Her smile had disappeared and turned into frown.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember the other day when I texted you and asked if you were with Rick, and you replied saying that he was helping his mother?"

"The reason I texted you were because I saw him kissing another girl. My bus was passing by a house a few blocks from mine and I saw Rick kissing a girl." Julie was relief that she finally get to tell Sarah the truth, but at the same time she felt sorry for her friend. Sarah was speechless, trying to process what Julie just told her.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Sarah finally spoke.

"Because I didn't know how to tell you, plus Rick was with you most of the time, so I..."

"Julie," Sarah cut her in the middle of the sentences.

"I know Rick's an asshole sometimes, but he would never cheat on me."

"I didn't want to believe it at first too, though I'm not really surprise but I didn't just saw it at that time, he was there a couple of times and I am 100% sure that it's him."

"And honestly, if one of you would do that, it would be him and he does."

"Julie, I don't know why you would make up this story, but if it's because you're worried you might lose me, then you're being ridiculous. You would never lose me, so stop with this cheating thing."

"For God sake, I'm not afraid of losing you. I have other friends and I don't even mind being alone. So I didn't made this up, I'm telling you the truth." Sarah was looking directly at Julie's eyes. She looked mad.

"Then have fun with your other friends." Sarah emphasized on the word 'friends'.

"Sarah....." Julie felt bad for talking without thinking.

"You know what, I don't believe you. You're just telling me this because you're jealous."

"Jealous?"

Sarah started walking away, but before was out of sight, she said,

"You should get your own boyfriend."

"And what? Let him cheat on me too?" Julie was being sarcastic. Sarah was gone without responding. Julie grunt.

Her bus arrived a few minutes later. She was feeling mad, frustrated, regret and wish she could say something better to make Sarah believe her. When she had climbed in to the bus, her automatically looking and Brad's seat and was surprised to not see him there.

She wouldn't be surprised if they were just about to go to school but now they were going home and he was in the bus this morning. Where could he possibly be?

Julie took out her phone as soon as she sat on her seat. Though part of her mind was thinking about Brad, the other part was still thinking about what just happened between her and Sarah. She was trying to decide whether or not to text Sarah, but then she thought, what would she say to her? That she's sorry? Because that wasn't her fault, though yes, she could probably find another way to spill it to Sarah, but at least she told her the truth. It was not an act of jealousy. She did it because what Rick did was not fair and evil.

She was still trying to make out her mind when the bus stopped. She looked away from her phone and saw Brad's friends were getting off. She realized that they had arrived at Brad's stop. Julie lifted her head a bit to see through the window if Brad is there, waiting for his friends. Unfortunately she was wrong, he was not there.

That night, Julie couldn't sleep. Too many thing was in her head. She was tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable spot but to no avail. She sighed and stared at her bedroom ceiling.

While she was trying to clear her mind and go to sleep, a memory came to her mind. A memory of Brad, a few weeks after she has started riding the bus to school. She was looking at Brad. He was alone at that time; both his friends were not there. They were probably sick or something. What made Julie remember that particular moment was that Brad was sleeping while listening to a song. Well, that's what she assumed because he was wearing earphones.

Julie thought he looked cute sleeping. His eyes were closed, he looked a bit serious. And she saw it just through the reflection of the bus window. Though it wasn't as clear as seeing it directly but even from the reflection Julie can see how beautiful he was. She smiled for that memory and without realizing that she had already fell asleep.