The Triangle of Hearts

Start from the beginning

She dozed off once or twice on a nearby bench. She was awoken by one of the Purple Dragons shaking her awake.

"Rise and shine! It's time for your third task," Fong walked over to her.

She sat up groggily. Seeing the gang she sluggishly stood and rubbed her eyes to wake up.

"I'm ready," Rebecca said trying to recover.

"Your lucky your trying to become a PD. If not my friends here would have found you an easy target sleeping on that bench," Fong brushed his hand on her cheek. She smacked it away.

"Look Thong! Don't touch me! All I want to do is become a Purple Dragon not your girl! Now just tell me what this mission is!" She growled at him.

"Whatever... The boss said we had to nab something from this warehouse," Fong replied.

"What exactly are we nabbing?" Rebecca asked suspiciously.

"It's for me to know and you to find out," Fong snarled.

Rebecca gave him glare. They both didn't fully trust one another.

Eventually Rebecca was being led to the warehouse. She had a strange feeling that she was being watched. Rebecca thought she saw something at the corner of her eye but whenever she turned to look it would be gone.

"Alright here we are..." Fong indicated a tall barbed fence. "There's a hole big enough for you to squeeze through. I will accompany you to make sure the job gets done. My men can't follow because their fat as it is."

The group was furious with that comment but they kept their opinions to themselves. They both silently slipped under the fence.

"Well at least I know New York will be interesting," Rebecca thought to herself.

They unlocked the door and slipped into the warehouse.

"Split up and look for a glowing can," Fong said seriously.

"Okay dokey Thong." Rebecca thought the request was strange but who cares.

They both searched around the warehouse for a long time. Just then Rebecca lost sight of Fong. She heard an unsuccessful muffled scream. Rebecca looked around a little frightened.

"Fong?" She called out in the darkness. Wait...It wasn't dark. There was a strange glow. It was coming behind a pile of boxes.

Rebecca apprehensively peeked over the crates. A canister filled with a strange green glowing substance. It had a small crack with the goo slowly seeping out.

"I found it!" She called out and reached to pick it up.

Before she could make contact with the object Rebecca was forcefully pushed back against the wall. She slammed hard against it and opened her eyes to see the outline of a bald figure. It seemed to be looking her over.

"Your not a purple dragon." The thing said in almost a sad tone.

"Who are you!?" Rebecca shouted at the figure trying to squirm free.

"I just saved your life... Do you know what that stuff can do to you?!" It pointed to the glowing canister.

"I don't know and I don't care! I'm going to be a Purple Dragon and this is my last task!" Rebecca sent a swift kick to the figures ribs.

It clutched its side in pain as she began to run to the ooze. Her fingers were inches away when the figure pounced on her and dragged her away.

"Let me go!!!!" She squirmed around.

"Two things. Touching that will be the biggest mistake of your life and joining the PD will also be the biggest mistake of your life!" The figure held her up by the waist.

"What do you know!!!" Rebecca thrashed around.

Just then a light flickered on and she saw what the figure looked like. It wasn't a person. It was green and had a shell. It wore a red bandana.

"What the heck are you!?" She screamed out.

"I'm a turtle..." The thing said and looked around for a moment. "It's obvious your not going to stop until you touch that stuff... Man, solo mission was a bad choice," the turtle said to itself. "I don't want another mutant on my hands so your coming with me until I can get back to this canister."

"No I'm not!!!! What is wrong with this town?!" She thrashed around. The next thing Rebecca knew everything went black.

A strange buzzing was humming in her head.

Her eyes opened a few times and she caught quick glimpses of the turtle lowering her and jumping away. The pain was to much to bear. She closed her eyes again. Rebecca had no idea how long she had been knocked out but when she finally came to she was surprised.

Rebecca was sitting in a nearby alley about a block away from the warehouse. A hobo sat sleeping by a trash can. She shook her head and tight waves up pain shot up at her.

"What the heck was that thing?" Rebecca held her head and slowly stood. Everything seemed to spin. Somehow she made her way back to the apartment. She silently slipped in and dodged the piles of boxes and made her way over to her sleeping bag.

Kate was already sleeping and Rebecca was very grateful she didn't have to deal with her yelling. She quickly changed and slipped into the sleeping bag.

"This place is even cooler then I thought." Rebecca began to wonder. "Tomorrow I'm going to figure out what that thing was..." She had her mind set and slowly went to sleep as her head throbbed.

Hey guys! I will be editing the chapters because I realize I had a lot of grammar/punctuation errors and such. Enjoy the book just keep in mind some chapters may be easier to read then others.