Chapter 1

I was just wandering. I could still hear the lifeless music of the party behind me and the smell of sausages still found my nose, hitting the part in my brain, making me realise that I hadn't eaten in days.

My footfall became rhythmic. I stared humming to the sound. Nothing like the pop music the partygoers were soaking up. My music was meaningfull, it had spirit. It captured the empty meaninglessness of life while embracing the world with welcoming arms.
My mind danced, holding the hands of the moon, making sure the Earth kept moving. A bird sang a love song, echoing into the distance to find his lover. A reply, so sad and lost that I felt the love of the two birds connect and create an inseparable bond, full of happiness and hope.
The pretty little bird landed on a high up branch joining in unison with the song of its new found mate, I plopped on the floor and lay back.

I felt the moonlight stroke my soft blond curls and young delicate face, hitting my eyes like stain glass window, making the blue colour explode into a million different shades.
I felt like the only thing in existence. And in that moment I felt pure felicity.

I looked up at my two little lovebirds again, they looked flustered as if being watched. I felt it too. My picture perfect moment became slightly dark at the edges, hazed.

I sat up. My ears picked out a movement from the trees behind me. A sharp pain shot through my head. I stood up and swung around, facing the onslaught. I fought the darkness, swinging my body round trying to connect with my attacker. Every time just hitting empty air.
Something connected with my head again and I fell, crashing to the ground just to be met with unconsciousness.