Ch 6: The date

Edited

Jasper's pov

I pulled away holding Peridot by the waist and put my hand to rest on her cheek.

I looked over to see the amethyst no longer there.

I put my attention back to Peri. I wiped at her now forming tears causing her glasses to move along her cheek as I caressed it.

Her face right then almost broke me.

Her eyes and nose were both bright pink, her eyes clouded with tears, and her body shaking. I could see her lip quiver.

I pulled her into another tight hug. Kissing her neck and mumbling at the same time.

"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you and definitely not hurt you"

I could hear her sniffling while trying to speak.

"It's a- okay a- you didn't me-an it, I just didn't wann-a see you angry agai-n" she spoke as I gave her one last kiss on the neck.

"Cmon Peri we only have two more classes for today" I told her locking our arms together and walking through the halls.

-Time skip-

"Hey lapis!" I waved her over after the end of the school day. She came over and gave Peridot a wide smile. Peridot returned it.

A twinge of jealousy hit me.

I quickly shook it off. Peridot is naturally nice and considering that lapis is new to school then of course she'd be kind to her.

Lapis raised her hand "what up"

"Cmon join us lapis, we're heading to the movies" I said to her and she gave me a small smile.

Peridot tugged on my shirt so I looked back at her. Then I remembered what Peridot had said earlier. Before I could fix inviting Lapis she said "yes".

"Oh actually lapis- that would be great, we're going to be good friends" Peridot interrupted me.

"Do y'all need a ride then?" Lapis asked us and we both nodded

We all rode in lapis' small car, I rode in the back seat leaving Peridot to sit next to lapis in the front. Every now and then lapis would make a small joke to get Peridot to laugh. I would watch as lapis' cheeks would fade a light pink every time Peridot laughed.

I dismissed it and waited in the back seat till we arrived.

We got our tickets along with some drinks and chose our seats. Peridot sat in between Lapis and I.

"I guess business is slow today" Peridot said trying to bring up a conversation. Lapis hummed in response.

"Hey Peri can you go buy me some gummies" I said handing her some money, she grunted and left.

I got up and sat next to Lapis (where Peridot was sitting before).

I cleared my throat before speaking up

"You like her don't you?" I asked

"W-what?"

"You don't have to pretend like you don't" I told her and began a small rant

"Her beautiful, innocent eyes could capture anyone's heart, and they did. They caught mine." She looked over at me

"That is true, and yes I do like her but I don't think you'll be stepping back anytime soon will you?" I started laughing