Ch 4: Brush of Pink

Edited

Peridot's Pov

We arrived at our art class and sat together in the back near the paint supplies.

"So the both of you. How long?" Lapis said laying her paint down next to her while setting up a canvas. she looked at me almost with a glare. It startled me.

I could feel the tears in my eyes begin to well up. She saw this and her expression softened.

"How long have you two been in a relationship I mean" she told me so I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and proceeded to answer.

"Um since as long as I can remember" I told her.

Actually I don't remember fully when we did get into a relationship. Jasper has always been there for me so I just assumed we'd eventually end up together.

"Hm okay" I looked over at lapis and she seemed deep in thought.

I grabbed some paints and got a canvas, I had already started on before, up next to lapis.

I began stroking with the brush in my hand gently using a pink and a yellow.

I've recently been working on a painting with colors that signify different meanings. They signal my different emotions caught up in a relaxed, tight vibe. If you know what I mean.

Oh that blend is perfect!

"Aha! Got it" I swung my brush back and hit lapis across the face with it.

"Oh my stars!" I panicked and tried to clean her with a wet rag, only to smudge the paint even more.

"I-i-i d-didn't mean to I apologize!" I couldn't help but stutter over my words so I stopped what I was doing and just looked back at lapis.

I waited.

"It's okay you doofus" she started laughing and made her way towards a sink to wash off.

I nervously laughed the accidental event off.

---------Time Skip--------

Lapis' Pov

I can't take it anymore. If I have to spend one more second with that stupid triangle head I'm going to go insane. My heart can't handle any of this.

It's the first free period of the day.

We have three free periods in the whole day apparently. Peridot said that it was so we could have enough freedom that way we don't go against our education, or something like that. She has a whole theory about the schools' system.

I've chosen to walk around the halls. Mostly because I got lost looking for Peridot. We had split up during art and we're supposed to meet up by the second floor bathrooms. But I lost my way so I'm just roaming around.

I make my way down a hall with different colored banners hanging from the ceiling.

Lockers are shiny and aligned across the hallway. Different curves and turns make the hall very confusing.

"S-stop.." I hear a faint whine right about when I was going to enter a new hall. I stop and hide behind a trash bin, peeking over it I see that same stupid green gem.

She's with Jasper though. It seems as though Jasper has backed her up into a corner.

"Peri.. it's okay, I won't hurt you. ya know that don't you?" Jasper says back to her. I can only hear very little cause of my distance.

----

Jasper's Pov

I wait for Peri to answer and she did with a nod.

she's flustered with a dark shade of pink across her cheeks spreading. I love it when she goes like that. She's usually going on and on about something only she can argue about. But when it comes to this she can barely speak.

I keep a hold of her arm above her head and stare into her eyes. I can hear her shaky breathing.

With her arm and leg extensions she becomes way taller then how tall she actually is.

An important thing about her extensions is that they're like linked to her own body so what ever they touch they also feel. Making them very very sensitive just like her own body.

"J-Jasper please let go.." I listened to her say but in the process catch some movement by the corner of my eye.

"What do I get in return if I do?" I told her and held up a smirk while she looked at me wide eyed.

"A-actually I've b-been thinking, we haven't gone on a date in a while and I was thinking that maybe tonight we could go see a movie? Maybe if you want" she asked me in a low voice and began nibbling her lip

I couldn't take it anymore, why does she have to be so god damn adorable.

I kissed her and let go of her arm extension. She put her arms around me giving me a hug. I parted our lips leaving her red-faced.

"Of course i'd want to. We'll go some time around after school ends" I told her and made a hand motion

"Now hurry and go to the library or whatever" I spit at her but she laughed it off, I love it when she does that.

"I'm off then, I'll see you there?" She asked and I nodded.
And with that she left.

I walked off to the first floor gym to get my backpack, forgetting about our eavesdropper.