𝟑𝟎. 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Scott will be following us just to make sure everything's okay." I told Stiles after I'd gotten into his Jeep and fastened my seatbelt.

Stiles nodded. "Okay, okay. Um, how do you know which way they went?"

I pulled out my black smartphone and opened the 'Maps' app, smirking. "My mom looked up the way to the restaurant on my phone first and then on her own phone, so I have the route right here."

Stiles nodded fiercely. "Okay, okay!"

"How much Ad-"

"A lot, okay?" Stiles replied, confirming that he'd taken way too much medication for his ADHD.

Stiles and I made small talk on the way, but it was as if an awkward silence had fallen and that was weird since it'd never happened before. Stiles and I had been awkward around each other before, so why the hell were we now?

I glanced in review mirror and I could see Scott following us at a safe distance. The only reason I'd seen him was when he'd seen me looking, he barely stepped out of the shadows and nodded before he stepped back into them and virtually disappeared.

"So, is everything good?" I asked Stiles. He shot me a confused look. "I mean, with Sheriff Stilinski and everything."

Stiles nodded barely. "Yeah, I guess so."

I wanted to ask more but something about his demeanor was telling me not to ask any more questions and wait until he just opened up himself. It must've been hard for Stiles to hear his father mention his mother after so long and I understood that, so I didn't want to pressurize him into telling me everything.

"It was just weird, y'know," Stiles suddenly began talking, his eyes locked the road. "We just never mention her and I know it was my fault he mentioned her, because I got him drunk but I just....I miss her."

I placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know you do and so does your father, but just remember that she's probably looking down at the two of you and smiling at how amazing you both are." I smiled at Stiles, a small smile also making its way to his face. "It's okay to grieve silently and it's okay that you don't want to talk about it. Like I always say, I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly how you feel but if you ever wanna talk, I'm here."

"I know," Stiles nodded appreciatively and suddenly his eyes widened. "That's Peter's car." He nodded towards the car in which we could see Peter's reflection in the review mirror. "You ready?"

I nodded and made sure my seatbelt sat correctly. I stuffed my phone into my pocket and nodded a final time to Stiles, who nodded back and bumped right into Peter's car from behind. My mom got out of her car and she looked absolutely livid.

I rubbed my head. When Stiles smashed into Peter's car, I'd quickly managed to put my arm down before I smashed my head on the instrument board, but it still hurt.

"Jesus, please don't let her kill us." I mumbled and closed my eyes, genuinely scared to see my mom's reaction.

"Stiles!" Melissa yelled loudly.

Stiles and I jumped out of the car and my mom looked surprised to see me, but she probably expected me to be with Stiles, since we were always together.