𝟐𝟗. 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"So," I bit my lip nervously as I watched my mom stare at herself. "What'd you think?"

Melissa stood up and pulled me into a tight hug. "Ah, I love it!" She sang happily into my ear, a beam breaking out on my face.

Suddenly my phone began ringing and I pulled away from my mom, who then walked out of my bedroom, and slid my phone out of my back-pocket.

I saw Stiles' name on my screen and picked up. "Hey Stiles," I greeted and plopped down on my bed.

"Hey Yas,"

My eyebrows pulled together at the tone of his voice. "Stiles, is everything okay?" I asked worried.

"I-I, it's just..." He struggled to form a sentence at first. "My dad was looking through some case evidence against Derek and he wouldn't show me. He asked for some whiskey and I got him drunk to get information from him about the case."

I nodded to myself and played with my beige painted nail. "Okay..."

"He mentioned my mom."

The phone almost fell out of my hands and my eyes widened. Claudia Stilinski's name was never mentioned either in the Stilinski household or anywhere else with any of the two around. She was a sore topic that nobody brought up, ever.

"Are you okay?" I asked genuinely concerned for Stiles.

A muffled sniffle echoed through my phone. "Yea, I just...this was stupid, I'm sorry." He mumbled at a rapid speed.

"No, no, no! Stiles, it wasn't stupid. I know it's not an easy thing for either you or your dad, and it's okay to call someone if you want to talk about it."

"I just...he hasn't mentioned her in so long." Stiles stated and took a deep breath, which I could hear through the phone. "And then he just suddenly said her name."

"What else did he say about her?" I questioned my best friend.

Stiles sighed. "Nothing. He fell asleep right after he told me he still missed her."

"Stiles, listen to me," I spoke softly, hearing the vulnerability in his voice. "You both still miss her and of course, you have every right to. None of you really talk about it and I think the Sheriff doesn't mention it, because he doesn't want to bring up that old pain." I explained to him. "But if you ever want to talk to someone about her or anything else, you can always call me."

Stiles chuckled a little. "Yeah, I know. That's why I called you."

"Yasmine, does this look okay?" Melissa barged into my bedroom, wearing all black. "Oh, you're on the phone. Sorry."

"Nah, mom, it's okay." I assured her.

"Sounds like you have something to take care of yourself," Stiles said. "Thanks for picking up the phone, I guess."

I smiled a little. "It's okay, Stiles. Remember, you can talk to me." We said our goodbyes and hung the phone.

Melissa smirked. "Stiles, huh?"

"Mom, he's my best friend." I rolled my eyes and put down my phone.

She shook her head and sat down right next to me, placing her hand on mine. "I know you like him as more than a best friend, Yasmine."