𝟐𝟖. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Jackson glanced at me for some reason before he looked at my brother with a disbelieving look. "It ruined your life. Knowing you had all the power in the world and you didn't know what to do with it. Y-you know what's it actually like? It's like you turned sixteen and someone bought you a Porsche when they should've started you off with a nice, little Honda.

"Me? I drive a Porsche." Jackson drove off in his gray Porsche.

^^^^

Allison had called me just as Stiles dropped me off at home. She told me that her and Lydia were gonna go shopping, and then asked if I wanted to come with them. At first, I was a bit reluctant and I thought that it would be awkward since Lydia and I didn't get along. But then I remembered that the Winter Formal was in a few days and I didn't even have a dress, so I agreed to go along with them.

What I didn't expect, though, was Allison taking us into the Preserve with a huge black bag swung over her shoulder. Even Lydia didn't know what we were doing here and since we both had worn heels, walking around the Preserve wasn't exactly number one on my to-do list.

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five mile hike in the woods - not what I was expecting." Lydia said to the brunette as she struggled to keep with Allison's fast pacing, as did I.

I was wearing knee-high boots with a two inch heels and Lydia was wearing heels as well, but since Allison was wearing regular boots, she had no problem walking at a fast pace.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Allison stated as she continued to walk faster than Lydia and I. "Jackson asked me to the Winter Formal."

My eyebrows pulled together and I wondered why the hell Jackson would ever ask Allison to the formal. I knew him well enough to know that he had absolutely no interest in getting with Allison, so why would he ask her? Was it to hurt Lydia or was it to hurt Scott, I wondered as I listened to their conversation.

"Did he?" Lydia questioned fairly surprised.

Allison hummed. "Just as friends, but I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." I listened to her tone and something did not seem right.

"Sure." Lydia responded stiffly, her eyes locked on the ground she was walking on. "As long as it's just as friends."

"Well, yeah, I mean," Allison let out a small humorless chuckle. "It's not like I would take him into Coach's office during lacrosse practice and make out with him or anything."

My eyes widened and I glanced over at Lydia, who looked just as shocked as me. "Holy shit." I muttered.

"Yeah, about that..." Lydia trailed off.

Allison continued walking and we - Lydia and I - followed.

Lydia looked over at with her green eyes. "Did you know?"

"That you tried to seduce my brother by making out with him in Coach Finstock's office during lacrosse practice?" I repeated the events for her. "Yeah, but I don't know who told Allison."

Lydia sighed annoyed. Jackson had even seen her smudged lipstick that day and even he must've known what she'd done. He might've been a completely dumbass at times, but sometimes he tended to be pretty smart at figuring out things, like about Scott being a werewolf.

Lydia and I walked further along and saw Allison bent down, holding an arrow in her hand. She was screwing on this unique arrowhead that I'd never seen before.

"What does that do?" I questioned and wrapped my trench coat further around my body.

"We're about to find out," Allison replied and grabbed a bow. She was already wearing a brown glove as she picked up the bow and held at a specific angel, pulling the arrow back. She let go and just as the arrowhead collided with the tree, it exploded.

Lydia was stunned. "What the hell was that?" She asked, her eyes still locked on the tree.

"I don't know," Allison replied, also still looking at the tree.

"Well, that was fun. Anymore lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia asked sarcastically and stepped closer to Allison.

A sudden noise from the woods made all three of us look up. I couldn't see anything, but I swore I'd heard something. Another sound reached our ears and we all three began looking around curiously, wanting to find the source of the noise. Somewhere in my head, I was scared that it was Peter.

"Hold this," Allison handed her how to Lydia.

Lydia put her hands and let Allison put the bow down. "What, why?"

"Because I thought I heard something." Allison whispered.

I nodded and glanced around the wooded area. "Me too."

"So, what if you heard something?" Lydia questioned, her eyes widened.

"So, I wanna find out what that something is." Allison spoke determinedly and dropped her glove onto her bag in which she'd brought her bow and arrow. "Don't worry, it's probably nothing."

"What if that nothing is something and that something is dangerous?"

"Shoot it."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, taking the bow from Lydia's hands. "If something comes, I'll shoot it."

Lydia arched an eyebrow and for once, it didn't seem condescending. "You know how to use a bow and arrow?"

"Know the basics," I muttered and looked around. "I took a class when I was younger."

Lydia huffed under her breath and glanced around as well. "Of course you did."

I was about to ask her what she meant by that, but I decided to just leave it alone. If something was out here and it was trying to get us, I'd rather focus on shooting that than arguing over something pointless with self proclaimed Queen Bee here.