𝟐𝟕. 𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

I'd been in here plenty of times to visit Peter Hale and read for him, but never with Stiles by my side. He or Scott didn't even know I actually came here at all, only my mom knew. She'd signed me up for this program where I'd come and entertain some of the patients here every week for two month, but I just like coming here so often that they allowed me to come whenever I wanted and entertain Peter Hale, the patient I was assigned when I first signed up for this program.

It was a pretty new program and not many hospital had it, but Beacon Hills Hospital did and since I wanted to do something good for someone else besides myself or my family, I'd asked my mom to sign me and she had, happily.

"Yeah, I said, I can't find her." Stiles said to Derek, who'd sent us in to find a specific person.

Even I didn't know who that person was, since I was in the bathroom when Derek and Stiles talked about who they were looking for. Honestly, I didn't even bother to ask, so I just went with it.

Stiles suddenly made a turn into an extremely familiar room and I bit my tongue as we looked into Peter Hale's room. That weird part, though, was that he wasn't there. His bed was nearly made and his wheelchair was empty, but he wasn't there.

"Yeah, well, he's not here either." Stiles stated. "He's not here, he's gone, Derek."

How could a catatonic patient just disappear like that?

Stiles' expression scared the hell out of me. His eyes showed fear and his hands grasped his phone tightly as he lowered them. He made me back up, but my eyes drifted to the right and there stood Peter Hale, on his own two legs in a long, black coat.

"You must be Stiles," he spoke very calmly, half of his face burnt while the was normal, just like I was used to see him. His eyes drifted to me and while my brown eyes were probably wider than tea cups, his remained normal as if he probably wasn't surprised to see me here.

Stiles grabbed my arm and dragged me with him as we turned around and tried to get out, but there stood Jennifer. "What are you doing here? Visiting hour are over."

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, my voice trembling. "Jennifer, what is this?!"

Stiles glanced down at me when I said her name, but he quickly began looking between Jennifer and Peter, putting the pieces together. Peter was the Alpha who'd been terrorizing Beacon Hills, my brother, Stiles and I, and Jennifer had been helping him the whole damn time.

"You're the one who-" Stiles stated, looking at Jennifer, then turning around to look at Peter. "And he's the... Oh my God, we're gonna die. We're gonna die." He repeated, his hands finding mine quick. Our fingers laced together as Peter's betrayal sank into my brain.

"You motherfucker!" I cried out in anger. "You betrayed me!" I looked at Peter, then back at Jennifer, who didn't look fazed at all.

Jennifer was elbowed in the face by Derek, who showed up with a sour look on his face, his eyes locked on his uncle.

"That's not nice," Peter calmly spoke. "She's my nurse."

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people." Derek retorted angrily. "Get out of my way." He said to Stiles.

"Oh, damn." Stiles mumbled before he dropped to the floor, pulling me down with him.

Tears were brimming as Peter's deceit began sinking in. I'd poured my heart out to this man, hoping that he'd get well soon, and then this whole time he'd been the one who'd killed innocent people, turned my brother, tortured us and, on several occasions, threatened me.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose?" Peter asked, walking towards Derek while speaking of his dead sister. "My own family?"

Derek's fangs came out and his eyes shun an icy blue as he jumped towards Peter. Peter managed to grab ahold of Derek's leather jacket and pushed him into the wall Stiles and I were leaning against, the two of us now scrambling to get away.

Just as Stiles and I began crawling to the right, Peter slammed Derek into that wall, so immediately we began crawling to the left instead, trying not to get killed in this fight.

We were crawled and the second I made it to Jennifer's body, it was like I froze completely. Stiles had to pull me behind him as he scrambled to get out and while I allowed him to drag me, my eyes stayed on the redhead who'd always bend nice to me until this point.

He'd managed to drag behind the front desk and I leaned up against the wall, not even listening to Peter as my eyes stayed locked on the wall opposite me. He'd taken me prisoner the night he broke into the school and almost made my brother kill all the five of us in the school that might. He'd broken into the video store, killed an innocent man and threatened both Jackson and I. He'd broken into my bedroom in the middle of the night and threatened me. This Alpha had literally installed a fear so deep side of me that I feared the Alpha could show up and kill my brother, Stiles or I at any time of the day. And after all of that, the Alpha had turned out to be someone I never expected it to be; someone I somehow cared of.

He'd betrayed me. He'd made a fool out of me.

Derek tried to fight against Peter, but the Alpha was managing to kick Derek's ass while giving this long lecture, that I wasn't even listening to since I was still in shock.

"Come on!" Stiles yanked me up from the ground. "We gotta get out of here."

I finally snapped out of my state of shock and together, Stiles and I rushed out of the hospital facility and to Stiles' Jeep. The second we both were in, he sped off.

"Do you know Peter Hale?" Stiles breathed out, driving like an absolutely psycho.

I took a deep breath. "Yes, and him and Jennifer."

"How?"

"I'll explain later," I mumbled and ran a hand through my hair, feeling even more stressed now. "When Scott's with us."

^^^^

"Dude!" Stiles hollered as he and I ran into the boys' locker room, seeing Scott sitting on the bench in only a towel. "We have a huge problem."

"Trust me, I know." Scott replied distant, his eyes locked on the floor beneath.

Something told me that Peter had already been here and that did not sit well with me. At all.