Rebellion and Alliances

(A/N: Finally back with another chapter! Sorry, it took so long. School is just super busy at the moment. Thank you to all of you who read, voted, and commented! I'm glad you like the story so far! Don't forget to vote for this story in the KnB Wattys! It'd help me out a ton. :D Here's the next chapter.)

Chapter Seven

"This is actually happening."

~Gray Skies~

Kasamatsu was aimlessly walking around town. Classes were let out early, and he had quite some time before the next class started. He didn't have any homework he had to procrastinate on, either. Before he realized it, he found himself walking the familiar pathway to Kaijo. He decided he'd drop by and visit his kohais in the basketball club. He'd just see how they were doing. He had the right to as an alumni.

When he got to Kaijo, what he found was not what he expected at all. Instead of the happy environment the basketball club's gym had become, it had an air of gloom. Before he even stepped in, a depressing aura seemed to leak out of the doors. He peeked in, wondering what on earth had even happened. He found Kise practicing on his own. The other Kaijo members that were supposed to be there were nowhere to be seen.

Kasamatsu stepped into the gym, not saying anything. He knew Kise hadn't even realized he was there. There were times that he'd walked in on him, and he was so focused on his practice that he was completely oblivious to the others around him. It was almost like he'd entered the zone, but not entirely.

But he knew something was wrong this time. Kise was never distracted when he entered this state, but he wasn't making any of his shots. He finally decided to say something.

"Yo, Kise."

The blond whipped around. "Senpai!" A smile lit up his face.

Just seeing his enthusiastic reaction made a smile grow on the former captain's face. "How's it going?"

"Good." Kise's faltering smile didn't go unnoticed.

Kasamatsu frowned and smacked him in the shoulder. "Don't gimme that crap, idiot! What kinda shit went down? And where are the others?"

Kise let the smile fade. "Coach let practice out early cuz he had somewhere to be, and I wanted some more practice." He was quiet for a few moments before responding to his senpai's first question. He let out a sigh. "Kurokocchi's missing."

Kasamatsu's eyebrows furrowed. "Eh? The invisible kid?"

The model nodded.

"Missing as in abducted?"

Kise shook his head. "He's avoiding everyone so no one can find him. Not even Akashicchi." He paused. "Kagamicchi and a few others told him he wasn't needed anymore so he left."

"Damn, that's low."

"I know." The downcast expression grew. "We kinda did the same thing to him back in middle school." He suddenly realized how that could be misinterpreted. "Not that we actually said that to him! W-we just sort of drifted, and we ended up leaving him all alone, which had the same implication as what Seirin said directly."

"And their coach allowed it?"

"She found out about it the same time me and the rest of the Miracles did. She was furious. The ones that smack-talked Kurokocchi are dealing with regret and guilt at the moment, similar to how we had to after Teiko, and they've been searching for him since the day it happened. I've gotten updates about Seirin from Ryoucchi, but they haven't had any leads."

"Ryou?"

"Oh, he's my little brother. He goes to Seirin."

Kasamatsu nodded.