Catching Up

(A/N: Sup, readers! Thanks to all of you who reviewed! Those reviews really motivate me to write. ;) When I started this fic, I wasn't sure if Nijimura was one year or two years older than Kuroko and the Generation of Miracles so for this story, let's just say he's two years older, which makes him a college student in this time frame. The song in this chapter is Story by Ono Kensho (Kuroko's seiyuu). It's also the opening for Luck and Logic so for those of you who haven't seen it, I recommend it. Well, here's chapter five!)

Chapter Five

"Pathetic, aren't I?"

~Gray Skies~

"Kuroko?! Momoi?! What are you doing here?!"

The two teens found themselves face to face with their former captain, Nijimura Shuzo.

"Nijimura-senpai!" Momoi said, smiling.

"Domo, Nijimura-senpai," Kuroko greeted.

Aikawa grinned. "Ah, so you two already know Nijimura-kun. That makes introductions simpler then." He turned to the two sound people. "This is the new, upcoming artist I told you about, Shadow, and his manager."

"I'm Momoi Satsuki. Nice to meet you," she said with a bow.

"Kuroko Tetsuya. I look forward to working with you."

"I'm Takahashi Takashi," the guy with the glasses said. "You can call me Takashi. Nice to meet you," he said with a smile.

He had messy brown hair and green eyes. They were not as dark a shade as Midorima's forest green ones but a more similar shade to the light, pastel green crocodile pen he had in his pocket.

"So did you all go to the same school?" Takahashi said.

"Yes, in middle school," Momoi answered.

"I see."

"Well, before we digress," Aikawa said, "here's the song." He handed the flash drive to Takahashi. "I leave the mixing to you two."

"Shuzo, why don't you handle this one? I'll touch up on it after you finish," Takahashi said, giving it to him. "It'll be good for your experience."

"Alright."

"Well, that's pretty much it for today so we'll be going now," the fedora-wearing producer said.

"Niji, I'm sure you wanna catch up with your kohais so you can go, too," Takahashi said. He whispered something to Nijimura.

"Idiot!" he said, slapping his coworker's arm. "It's not like that!" Nijimura's face was tinted a light pink.

Takahashi laughed. "Just make sure to mix it later."

"Got it."

"Well, see y'all later!" Takahashi said with a wave.

The group walked out of the room, chatting idly on their way to the lobby.

"Well, this is where we part ways. Sato and I have a few more things to take care of. Kuroko-kun, make sure to think about what you want on the album cover and a logo for yourself."

Kuroko nodded.

"Good work today! We'll see you tomorrow!" Sato said.

"Bye!" Momoi said, waving.

The two adults and the three teens went their separate ways. They decided to stop by Maji Burger to catch up with each other, at Nijimura's suggestion. Kuroko was a bit reluctant to go, but even though there was the danger of running into Seirin, he had to admit he missed their vanilla shakes. They arrived, got their food, then sat down at a small table in the corner of the room.