Chapter 18: Thoughts

Hermione POV

As I walked back to our dormitory after Potions, where we just listened to Professor Slughorn drone on some facts about Potions, a thought unexpectedly raced across my mind. Does he like me too? I could feel that the tension between us after the ball. It was like an electric current, crazy but also dangerous. God, I must be crazy, what am I even thinking about? He hates me. But why did he dance with me? I shook my head furiously as I was getting more and more confused.

Walking into our common room, I saw a book sprawled on the sofa. Wow, Draco read books, I thought, raising my eyebrows. Picking up the book, I saw the tittle, "Pride and Prejudice".

A myriad of questions immediately bombarded my fertile mind. Why was he reading this? What was he thinking about when he read this?

Rubbing my temples tiredly, I sat on the sofa with a sigh, and thought of it from another point of view. What if he is really is the character Mr Dracy, too prideful while I am Elizabeth, too prejudiced? What if Draco has a reason for being mean to me? Am I really Elizabeth and he, Darcy?

I thought of it now, more clearly than before. He looked green with jealousy when I was kissing Ron, danced with me, smirked at me, looked at me with a secret emotion –

That was when it hit me like a twenty-pound sledgehammer – he likes me.

Draco POV

After Potions, where nothing really happened between me and her and we were just peeking glances at each other, I walked in the secret garden I had found many years ago again. Siting on the bench nearby, my thoughts immediately flew to her.

Should I confess my feelings to her? What if she rejects me? What if my father found out about it? Sighing, I remembered how we dance so gracefully in the Great Hall, the fondest of all our memories. I am sure that she is curious on why I danced with her. The reason was simple – I wanted to dance with her at least once. Just that once was Heaven to me.

Suddenly, a though flashed across my mind. Does she like me too? Gosh, Draco, you are really an idiot! How can she like such an idiot like you? I shake my head furiously, clearing away those thoughts.

However, I took a step back and analyzed her actions. The way she blushed when I looked or smirked at her, the way she looked into my eyes, the way she looked when I yelled at her –

That was when it hit me like a twenty-pound sledgehammer – she likes me.

******

Hello guys! I am so FREAKING sorry for not updating for more than 1 month but I have a freaking pile of homework and test papers beside me. I will try to update ASAP and I once again thank you guys for your support and lovely comments! It really brightens my day when I see them! Please remember to follow, comment and vote! Love ya, Emma! XX

QOTD: Do you like Draco's POV or Hermione's POV more? :)