The Mystery Letter

Luke Dimike moved to the island of Barbuda at the turn of the century in hopes of a new life in a new century. He moved in buying a beach front on the north side of the island. He had to drive into town after a few days so he could buy supplies.

When he got into the store he knew something was off, everyone was avoiding him. He went to the fresh produce, being a vegan was not the easiest thing, but fruit was the one thing he liked to eat. He went to grab a bunch of banana's. Granted bananas are not fruit in the traditional sense. But when the local witch doctor came up and was the only one willing to talk to him he decided to ask as many questions as he could. "Hi, sorry to bother you but why won't anyone talk to me? And who are you? I'm Luke by the way." She looked at me with pity and said, " I'm Qadira, the local witch doctor, most people don't stop by, but I'm used to it. People Won't talk to you because you are living on the north side of the island. Its said to be haunted."

As soon as he had checked out he sold the house to some young, idiotic, bachelor.

He lived in peace for a good few years. as the years went by the island became a place where lonely bachelors came to forget they are lonely. People came and left only a few were always there. The witch doctor, priest, Luke, Shasta, and a few others.

Luke was a tan 28 year old, he had dark blond red hair that his wife called chestnut. The coolest thing was that his eyes were two different colors. A blue ring around the outside and brown around the inside. He was tall and lanky, everyone said he looked like what Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley's kid would look like a tall, lanky, awkward, dark red haired genius. It was ironic too, his whole family was obese, and had bright blond hair. The doctors told him that the hair came from his great grandfather, and the only reason is wasn't fat is because he had anorexia.

He left his family for a "better life" and he got it too. It was exactly what he wanted. He had friends. Got married, and had a healthy baby boy. Had the wife of his dreams. A sun kissed woman of the island. Long, wavy, black hair that looked like liquid coal.

The letter came on Friday November 13, 2015, the same day the Eiffel tower was bombed. 

On the island most people liked to send birds to deliver mail, it made life easier.  This letter came from a bird that is quite rare on the island. He probably could have stolen the bird, but it is usually a bad idea to own a raven. the raven cooed at him, almost in a kind way.

 He thought nothing significant about the letter at first, it was his birthday after all. The letter read,

To Mr.Dimike,

I wish you a happy day of birth and cordially invite you to my bachelor party. I know that as the busy man that you are you might not be able to make it, but it would give me great pride and pleasure to have the most successful man on the island at my party. I can promise it will be a killer party.  You will be able to ask anyone that went to it that it was a party to die for. It may be short notice but the information to the part is below.

when: 9:00

where: 298 N. Ackee St. 

departure time from party: 4:00

" Hey honey, remember that bachelor that just moved hey last week? Well he bought that place up on the north side of the island, and is throwing a party tonight. I know we had plans tonight but since we already have a babysitter can we go over to that party instead?"

"Sure, it is your birthday after all, and if that's what you want to do than so be it. We're going to a bachelor party!" She knew all the stories about the north side of the island be she loved Luke so much she was willing to do anything for him, especially since he was finally turning 30.