Chapter 16 - Wake Up Call

Ryan's POV

I was awoken by the awful noise of a door opening and a scared yelp.  

'Turn off the alarm' I hit Max on the arm, but he just spooned me tighter and mumbled a reply that sounded like a mix between 'I have no alarm set' and 'grgeowjeoiajddsif' into my neck.  

He is a morning mumbler.  

Is that even a word? Mumbler?  

Who cares, sleepy time now.  

I relaxed again into Max's warm arms and his warm breath tickled my neck.  

'Max?' was suddenly asked and I kept my head under the covers but felt Max move from behind me. Those warm, comforting arms were no longer around me, and suddenly I felt cold.  

'Maxxx come backkk,' I tried to say but it came out as 'Maax *yawn* commm bekkk'  

'Oh my god Aria,' Max exclaimed and I wished that he would let me sleep. I tried to tuck my face further under the blankets, but the sounds were still able to reach me.  

'Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to walk in on something,' some woman's voice came from near the bed.  

Wait.  

What? 

I quickly sat up, letting the blankets fall away from me. The sight in front of me was like a glass of cold water to the face.  

'ARIA' I said, pulling the blankets back around me.  

Well this was awkward. 

'Uh Max, do you know that there's a man in your bed?' she asked, eyes wide.  

I looked over at Max, who looked shocked, his gaze moving from me to Aria to back again. His sexy mouth opening and closing like a fish.  

'Uh, do you know that RYAN CONNORS is in your bed?' She exclaimed, then just stared at us.  

She was just standing in the doorway, her face frozen in a shocked look.  

'Uh let's go talk,' Max finally found his words and he got out of bed, thank-fully he had boxers on, and led Aria away. 

I quickly got up and found some clothes, walking out and finding them sitting at the kitchen table, Max looking nervous and well Aria just looked shocked.  

I sat down on the other side of Aria, who was sitting at the head of the table. 

'Aria?' Max tried to draw her attention away from her staring into space, but the brunette wasn't moving.  

'Aria?' 

She didn't even blink.  

I waved my hand in front of her face.  

Nothing. 

'Aria?' 

'Is she dead?' I asked Max. 

'She isn't dead.' 

'Should I hit her or something?' 

'No.' 

'She looks really dead, should I give her CPR?' 

'Ryan, this isn't one of those scenarios, she's not dead.' 

'You sure? She looks dead to me.' 

'She isn't dead Ryan, she's just, I don't know, shocked,' he shrugged nervously.  

We broke her! Oh god we've broken the poor girl!  

MY SEXINESS MUST HAVE BROKEN HER! 

Oh god, it was a crime of passion! I didn't mean to break her with my amazing sexiness.