18 ; A Fraction of a Moment

Start from the beginning

"I thought I told you to wait outside." Tyler directs the glare in Jacksons direction and Jackson glares back.

"And I thought I said I don't take orders from anyone."

Tyler takes a step in his direction and I can already smell blood.

"Guys knock it off. Tyler, control yourself. And Jackson, why are you here?" I look expectantly at both of them.

"I came to talk to you."

"Why?"

"Because I have something to tell you."

I nod my head, indicating for him to continue. Jackson only gives Tyler a pointed look to which I roll my eyes at.

"Tyler leave."

When he doesn't budge I practically shove him halfway out the door before he complies and step out.

"Keep the door open."

I give him a big smile, waiting for him to turn and leave before I slam the door shut.

"So," I turn to Jackson again, "what do you wanna talk about?"

Jackson is taking in my room, lifting random objects and studying the few pictures I have displayed. He stops and stares at the blue patch and I shift on my feet, uncomfortable.

"You redecorating?"

"Uh... Yes?" I comes out as a question and I continue to squirm awkwardly.  

"It's a nice color. It almost looks like the sky on a sunny day. But I much prefer the night sky though."

Me too. "Oh."

"So what are you gonna do with the rest of your room?"

"Jackson stop the bullshit. Why are you really here? Because I doubt you came to help me redecorate."

Now it's Jacksons turn to shift uncomfortably. 

"I just... I don't know... I guess I came to apologize?"

"For which part excactly?"

Jackson cringes at my bluntness.

"Guess I deserved that one." He laughs awkwardly but my face remains set in stone. I've never seen him like this. So not in control of a situation. So hesitant and almost unsure.

"Okay look. I guess I just didn't expect you to answer that."

"Answer what?"

He lets out a sigh again. "When I asked you about what you really thought of me. It just... Well I just... Yeah." He shuffles a hand through his hair, rubbing his neck in the process.

I fidget again, my face softening to a small smile. "Oh. Well, I meant it though."

Jackson is staring at me again like I'm a piece of art he's trying to analyze. His eyes have a glint to them and they're slightly squinted, in concentration. My hair falls down in front of my face when I look down. 

I see Jacksons hand before I feel it. His fingertips are gracing my cheek, combing through my dark waves as he brushes it behind my hair. A heatwave washes over me. The notion leaves a tingling sensation and a corner of my lip quirk up a millimeter. I feel butterflies fluttering and my cheeks are flushed red and I know he can see it, even if he is ignoring it. His fingers linger in my hair, brushing lightly through the ends of my strands.

"Jackson-

"Come boxing with me? I have a match in a few hours. Help me warm up. I'll teach you some, like I said I would." I feel his breath lightly fanning my face, making my hairs stand. His voice has never been so smooth and soft, almost like silk wrapping around my ears.