Epilogue

8 years later

Cynthia POV

My eyes fluttered open to the sun's rays falling on my face. As I opened my eyes, I see my little Skylar, my four year old daughter, holding my hand. I smiled at her, and I moved some hair off her face. I touched her cheek, which was really soft. Kind of like Aiden's skin.

My eyes widened, as I sat up on the bed. I knew something was wrong. My stomach started to churn. I know that I wasn't feeling good. I covered my mouth as bile started to rise up my mouth. I jumped off the bed, and ran to the bathroom, to vomit in the sink. I gargled some water, to let the bitter taste leave my taste buds.

To be honest, morning sickness sucks. Being pregnant is great, and hard, but morning sickness, mood changes, and eating a ton more than you usually do? I'm pregnant with my second child. Two weeks pregnant, but Aiden doesn't know about that. I'm going to try and tell him about it, indirectly.

I came out of the bathroom, and wiped my face. I went downstairs, to the kitchen. I looked at the refrigerator, to see that there was a blue sticky note on the fridge door.

I have a meeting. I'll be home by 5.

Love you!

Aiden.

I smiled, and opened the fridge door, to get a small container of yogurt. Strawberry in particular. I love Strawberry Yogurt. And pineapples, and oranges, and salad. I can't live without those foods. I mixed the yogurt, and scooped some on my spoon. I ate the spoonful, and savored the taste.

"Aah!" I hear a little girl screaming. Skylar ran towards me, and hid behind me, gripping onto my leg. I put my yogurt aside, and picked her up.

"What happened, Princess?" I asked her. Aiden and I call Skylar, Princess, since she is our little princess.

"Mommy! There's a monster under my bed! It was big, and scary!" Let's just say that she was afraid of monsters being under her bed after she watched Monsters University. Ever since that, she slept with Aiden and I, holding my hand whenever she was scared.

"Let's go upstairs to see what it is."

"No, no! I don't want to go upstairs. The monster will scare me!"

"Nothing will happen when I'm with you." I walked up the stairs, into the room.

I kneeled down, so that I was the height of the bed. I looked under the bed, to see that there was something moving under the bed. It was obviously not a monster. That's for sure.

"Mommy, that's the monster. Right there." She whispered.

I saw it come closer, and closer, until it was no longer under the bed. It was Nia.

"See? You have nothing to be afraid of. It's just Nia."

"Nia was being mean. She scared me." Skylar pouted and looked at me. She looks so cute. Nia walked up to her, and licked her face. Skylar started to giggle, and playfully push Nia away.

"This is Nia's way of saying sorry. You have to hug her now." I said.

Skylar happily hugged Nia, and she started to chase Nia down the stairs. I took my phone from the nightstand, and made my way down the stairs. I looked through my Camera Roll, to see so many pictures of Skylar taking selfies. I looked at one picture, which  was taken a few weeks ago. I had to chase Skylar around to take this beautiful picture.

 I had to chase Skylar around to take this beautiful picture