Chapter 25

Few months later

Cynthia POV

I quickly paced to the bathroom, to brush my hair, and get ready. Today, Michael's class has an, I don't know. A gathering? I guess you could call it that. At least that's what Michael said. He said that there is something else to the event, but he won't tell me what it is.

"Cyndi? Are you there?" Michael called. I opened the bathroom door, and picked up Michael, into my arms. I set him on the counter, and and I combed his hair for him. "You ruined my perfect hairstyle." He whined. I laughed.

"Well, it wasn't that perfect in the first place. Sorry."

"I wanted my hair to spike up."

"It looks better when it's flat."

"But-"

"You said you had to look nice. See? Look at how handsome you are." He looked at himself in the mirror.

"I don't look that handsome."

"Well you are to me." I pinched his cheeks, and kissed his forehead. "You're Mommy's handsome little boy, aren't you? Oh yes, you are. Oh yes, you are." I cooed to him.

"Cyndi, stop!" He giggled. "I'm not a baby."

"I'm sorry. I couldn't resist how cute you look." I smiled. I put him down, and he ran down the stairs. I walked to the study room, which was in the library. "Aiden, are you coming?"

"For what, again?"

"It's something for Michael's school. You're going to be home, alone."

"No. It's okay. You could go. I have to work on the project."

"Oh, damn it! I forgot about the project! I'll help you when I get back."

"Sure."

"Bye." I turned around, and I was about to walk away, until I felt something on my wrist. I turned around, again.

"Wait." He gently pulled me towards him. I looked up at him, to see him lean down, to capture my lips. The kiss lingered there, for a few seconds, and he pulled away. "You are ready to go." I giggled.

"So I'm guessing that's my exit slip."

"Yup." Turning around, and walking out of the library, and I go outside, to see that Michael and Kyle are waiting in the car. I got in the car, and put my seatbelt on.

"Took you long enough." Kyle said.

"I still came." I started the car, and I drove to Michael's school.

"I wanted to take Michael and to school without you. It was the perfect time, but you came."

"Sure. Like that was going to happen. Michael would not even go without me. I've been through everything with Michael. He wouldn't leave me. Right Michael?"

"Yeah. That's true." He confirmed.

"Michael, you were supposed to say no." Kyle said.

"But I didn't." I laughed.

"You made a wise choice, Michael." I said. We laughed, and we reached his school.

So many cars were parked in front of the school. I found a parking spot, and parked the car there. We got out of the car, and I locked the doors. I double checked, and went with Michael.

I held his hand, as we walked inside. I sat down, in the first row. I didn't know what was happening. I saw Michael, on the stage, talking to his teacher. After a few minutes, people started to take their seats, and quiet down a little. Not that much though.